Dieting during stressed

Options
I'm finding it really hard to keep with my diet because of all the stress I have going on. It's may, which is the time all the AP exams come and I'm just studying studying studying! I have a million things due, and it just seems there isn't enough time! I turn to pizza and icecream when I feel like I'm about to crash. How do I stop this horrible habit?? :c

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I know what your going through. When Im stressed its either overeating or undereating.
    Trying buying 100 calorie packs and doling things like icecream out into single serving containers.I swear this saved my life during my exams the last couple of weeks. Also log something before you eat it so you can decide what kind of impact its going to have on your day.
  • mcarmon
    mcarmon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I found other ways to try managing stress and it just took returning to my plan each time I slipped without conceding defeat. Exercise, music, deep breathing, etc. are healthy ways to relax. I also had to retrain my mind not to associate food with rewards. Meaning, for example, when I get excellent news I don't "treat" myself to unhealthy food. Instead, my reward is going to a movie or concert with a friend or getting a new book. It takes a lot of time to retrain your mind not to rely on food for comfort, but it can happen. I definitely still haven't "arrived" myself!
  • motv8ed
    motv8ed Posts: 13
    Options
    I think the key is to have a plan. Make sure that you have healthy snacks that are ready to grab (grapes all washed in a bowl in the fridge, carrot sticks cut up, etc.). If you must have ice cream, get the low fat ice cream bars that are already measured out for you so your not putting 3 servings in a bowl. I have the same problem and struggle with that too so I completely understand. I just know when I am prepared it is much easier. Also, remember that if you give in to those temptations, your stress level is going to increase even more because you will feel guilty. good luck!!!
  • RonieLisbeth
    Options
    try having smaller meals when you're in school and when you're home more fiber and berries.
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My office just went to hell in a handcart and I had to fire my employer (yes, really). I have had less than five weeks to decide whether to work for someone else or myself, look at leasehold space for me and my assistant, order equipment AND move, all while running a law practice. The move has taken 3 days and there's a lot of setup to come.

I messed up on one day. So what. I logged it and have been making up the extra calories through exercise and slight calorie reductions on the following three days. If I can do it, so can you.

Best of luck.

ps. what I wouldn't give to be the one who loses her appetite when she's stressed out :p