5k Survey

Options
Hi All,
I am NOT endorsing anything, but doing a little research for an article/project I'm working on. If you can fill out this short survey (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1e9QnnIWXKK5GWC9-D6S0z_3WsratN7E83HLEhZ0urgQ/viewform), I would very much appreciate it. All responses are completely confidential and anonymous, and I am not affiliated with any specific company. Thanks so much!

P.S. - Moderators, I didn't see anything in the rules about posting surveys. If they are not allowed, I truly apologize!

Replies

• LondonNYC
    LondonNYC Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who has responded - I'm getting some fascinating results. You are all wonderful!
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I responded.
    Just an additional comment that what I consider a "reasonable" race fee depends a lot on the type of race. Mud/obstacle runs I will usually pay more. Ditto to anything that has better finisher's swag (tech shirts, medals). I've paid $60 for a 5K that included theme park entrance. So it really depends.
  • LondonNYC
    LondonNYC Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks @deluxmary2000!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Submitted. I agree that the fee depends on the quality of the experience and the swag. 5k is so short for me (I usually do half marathons at least) that it seems like the race is over before it began. I don't want to pay much money for a 30 min. run unless it's an awesome experience and I'm gonna get some good loot.

P.S. My sister admitted to me that she basically just runs for the medals, so if a race doesn't have a medal, or it has a cheesy plastic medal, she won't pay for it. I personally run for the crowd and the festive atmosphere...