How many different ways can we cook chicken

Options

Replies

• Adpalangi
    Adpalangi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Adpalangi wrote: »
    I'm kinda tired of skinless boneless chicken breast baked. Kinda boring to start with. What's your go to chicken recipe

um, why are you eating only chicken? You do realize you can have fish, beef and pork, right?

Thank you for your reply, however chicken is not the only thing I eat. I have pork chops, steaks, hamburger or tacos (taco salad) the chicken is abit less expensive.
    Thank you Joe,
    Wishing you nothing but the best
  • 1pjah7
    1pjah7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    50 super easy and healthy ways to cook chicken breasts
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/chicken-recipes?fullpage=1
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    50sFit wrote: »
    I'm kinda tired of skinless boneless chicken breast baked. Kinda boring to start with. What's your go to chicken recipe
    With chicken, the sky's the limit!
    You can barbecue it, grill it, broil it, bake it, saute it...and you can have chicken-kabobs, chicken creole, chicken gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried...
    What else?
    There's pineapple chicken, lemon chicken, coconut chicken, pepper chicken, chicken soup, chicken stew, chicken salad, chicken and potatoes, chicken burger, chicken sandwich... That- that's about it.

I read that in the voice of bubba from forest gump! Made me smile!!
    BINGO!
    b9o1bom73r7s.gif

• rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    salsa chicken, sprinkle chicken breast with taco seasoning, then put a tablespoon of salsa on top and bake in the oven. Yummy and you can serve with salad, beans, or rice , whatever your calories allow. :)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I shred chicken breast and mix it with sauteed tomato, onion, green bell peppers, and garlic. Season it with salt and pepper and I eat it with warm corn tortillas. Yummy tacos.
  • Adpalangi
    Options

um, why are you eating only chicken? You do realize you can have fish, beef and pork, right?

Right now I'm eating a lot more chicken than normally. Yes I do know there are other protein options. However Wegmans have the family packs, my mother picked up a huge pkg of boneless skinless chicken. Can't remember what she paid, I'm sure it was reasonable. I think that's a good idea, to have them pkg seperatly. We also picked up salmon, tilapia , and a red meat. Yes I am kinda tired of chicken.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    pan fried with salt and pepper. i like it when the edges get crispy even if there's no skin on it.
  • Kimmer03
    Kimmer03 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It is just me and my boyfriend so I make a cornish hen for the two of us and when i do, this is how I prepare it. Taking a whole chicken (use a big one if you are feeding a family), rinse thoroughly and salt the cavity with sea salt. Then stuff (for a cornish hen) 1/2 onion quartered, 1/2 lime, quartered, 4 cloves of garlic, and a few sprigs of thyme. then using real butter, slather about 3 tbsp over the top with a butter knife or your fingers. Pepper with coarse ground pepper generously and bake in a 350degree oven for an hour and 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken (I use the thigh) reads 180 degrees.

For a larger chicken, you can use 6 cloves garlic and a whole onion and whole lime.

I also like to put chicken breasts in a slow cooker with a jar of salsa verde for chicken tacos. Cook on low for 8 hours and shred with fork. Chop fresh cilantro and avacado and either eat like this or in a whole wheat tortilla with a dollop of sour cream or greek yogurt.

Chicken noodle soup: 1 32oz box of organic low sodium chicken broth, 6 chicken thighs, thick (rustic) cut carrots (I will put whole baby carrots in there), celery, and onion and 1 bay leaf. Cook on low in a slow cooker for 8 hours. Turn to high and put in 2 cups dry whole wheat egg noodles. Cook for 15 minutes or until noodles are just tender. Serve.

• TDorcey65
    Options
    I have a book called " 365 ways to cook chicken" It is very helpful when I run out of ideas or get tire of the same old. We also bread and bake the chicken with butter and lemon, then use breading with parsley. Make pasta with side Classico sauce. The Tilapia frozen fish also is very good breaded and baked. Good Luck.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a thin coating of mayo, followed by chicken seasoning of your choice (there are a lot of brands, I use Simply Organic), then a mix of almond meal (or breadcrumbs if you can handle them) and parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. Bake at 400 for about 20-30 minutes. Comes out moist and delicious every time.

I am also a fan of pan searing, and will sear both sides, then lower heat and cover to finish cooking. I then add seasonings and sauces per my mood...Buffalo chicken w/blue cheese, blue cheese w/Cajun, thyme and garlic, BBQ, teriyaki, garlic parmesan...possiblities are endless.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Copy/Pasting from my blog http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/taunto

Chicken Jalfrezi
    While the name suggests its a chinese dish it is infact an Indian/Pakistani dish. It is rather uncommon but is it really really delicious and I am very happy to share this recipe with you tonight!

Ingredients:
    1lb. Boneless chicken breast
    2 Tomatoes medium sized very finely chopped
    2 tbsp butter (or ghee if its available)
    2 tbsp olive oil (or any cooking oil really, I just prefer olive)
    1 tsp coriander powder
    1 tsp cumin seed powder
    3/4 tbsp turmeric powder
    1 tbsp Red chili Powder
    2 Cloves of Garlic finely chopped
    1 Bell Pepper
    1 Medium sized white Onion very finely chopped
    1.5 tbsp fresh ginger grated or very finely chopped. Can also use ginger paste
    Some Cilantro
    Salt

Make very small cubes of chicken and add in the turmuric, salt and chili powder. Let it marinate for a bit (I let it marinate for about 30 minutes but I recommend atleast an hour, preferably 2 hours in fridge), add very little water if needed to help marinate properly.

In a pan, heat up some oil and fry some onion and garlic till its color changes to golden. Add the chicken into it and let it cook for about 5 minutes.

Add all the tomatoes and ginger into it and let it cook for another 10 minutes. Dont add water. Let the water dry out. Add the butter

When the water dries out, add cumin and coriander seed powder. and stir it for a bit to even out the powder taste throughout. Then add the bell pepper and let it fry for about 5 more minutes.
    Voila, your delicious dish is ready. Add in some fresh herbs such as cilantro and Mint leaves and eat with pita, naan or rice.

Ciao!

Shawarma burritto

Go to an Arab store. Ask for "shawarma spice". Use a little bit of it on cubes of boneless chicken with some oil and other spices if you like. Bake it or cook it on a frying pan with oil spray. You can eat this as is or put on a salad or make a taco/burritto with it with some rice, some roasted veggies (onions, tomatos, bell peppers), salsa and cheese.

Rotisserie. Seriously good eats, low in calories and high in protein, cheap even if store bought and did I said good eats?

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Love chicken. We cook it slowly with old bay seasoning till done. I use boneless skinless chicken breasts. When done shred, mix with Franks hot sauce, and put on a low carb tortilla that has been spread with either laughing cow wedge or low fat soft Philadelphia vegetable cream cheese... Roll up and enjoy. I sometimes add shredded lettuce to the tortilla. Soooo good and filling...
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Mediterranean Lemon Chicken

This goes nicely with roasted potatoes! Mmm mmm Mediterranean! The recipe uses chicken legs, but works for any chicken parts.

6 servings

Ingredients
    1 lemon
    2 teaspoons dried oregano
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    6 chicken legs

Directions
    Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
    In a 9x13 inch baking dish, grate the peel from 1/2 the lemon, squeeze out the juice (about 1/4 cup) and add to peel with the oregano, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Stir until mixed.
    Remove skin from chicken pieces and discard. Coat chicken pieces with the lemon mixture and arrange, bone-side up, in the baking dish. Cover dish and bake for 20 minutes. Turn and baste chicken.
    Reduce heat to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) and bake uncovered, basting every 10 minutes, for about 30 more minutes. Serve chicken with pan juices.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/mediterranean-lemon-chicken/?sitepref=ar
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Mediterranean Lemon Chicken

This goes nicely with roasted potatoes! Mmm mmm Mediterranean! The recipe uses chicken legs, but works for any chicken parts.

6 servings

Ingredients
    1 lemon
    2 teaspoons dried oregano
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    6 chicken legs

Directions
    Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
    In a 9x13 inch baking dish, grate the peel from 1/2 the lemon, squeeze out the juice (about 1/4 cup) and add to peel with the oregano, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Stir until mixed.
    Remove skin from chicken pieces and discard. Coat chicken pieces with the lemon mixture and arrange, bone-side up, in the baking dish. Cover dish and bake for 20 minutes. Turn and baste chicken.
    Reduce heat to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) and bake uncovered, basting every 10 minutes, for about 30 more minutes. Serve chicken with pan juices.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/mediterranean-lemon-chicken/?sitepref=ar

Have to make this... Had something similar at a Greek restaurant..

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
  • Roxmom66
    Roxmom66 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Good thread. Good ideas. Good humour too. I especially liked the line "why ruin a good life"

Goggle slow cooked recipes too. For something different I will make up a batch of shredded chicken slow cooked (with different seasonings) cooked in salsa. Good, as you can freeze portions for later
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

You ever have a chicken stuffed pork chop?

Take a pork chop, slice a pocket. Mince or grind up some chicken, season it. (Not going to lie, love ranch dressing powder for this.) Stuff it and cook it.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    A nice method to cooking chicken.

Make a strong dough. Rub your chicken with seasoning, butter, and let come to room temp. Roll out dough to two rounds. Wrap chicken in the dough, and then place into the oven at 375 until the chicken is 155-160 in a thigh. Pull out of the oven, let rest 15 minutes, then take to the table. When ready to serve, crack the bread casing open.

Here's a rather "odd" version, but was the first link I found for an example.

http://chocolateandzucchini.com/recipes/meat-charcuterie/chicken-in-a-bread-crust-recipe/
  • Adpalangi
    Options
    Thanks ya'll looks like several moths of good recipes