low impact workouts: Slim in 6

Options
Hi..
I'm new.. I want to try a low impact workout that I can do at home because I live in a flat above someone. I was thinking about trying Slim in 6. Has anyone tried this before? or are there any workouts that someone could suggest? Can't really attend the gym regularly as I have a 4 month old daughter..

Please Help!

Denessa x

Replies

• mamanewland
    mamanewland Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Oh girl. I LOVE slim in 6. I recommend that to everyone! I did it a couple months ago and lost 17 pounds and 2 pant sizes! It starts easy and builds you into it. Add me as a friend if you want!
  • lookpregbutnot
    lookpregbutnot Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What's slim in 6? 6 minutes? is it a dvd? is it on youtube? thanks!
  • Hi..
    I'm new.. I want to try a low impact workout that I can do at home because I live in a flat above someone. I was thinking about trying Slim in 6. Has anyone tried this before? or are there any workouts that someone could suggest? Can't really attend the gym regularly as I have a 4 month old daughter..

Please Help!

Denessa x

Slim in 6 is a great choice for low-impact. Don't let the "low-impact" part fool you. When I do those workouts, I sweat up a storm and burn loads of calories. A friend of mine also did Slim in 6 and lost around 25lbs with the program.
  • D3N355A
    D3N355A Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Im going to give it a go!!
  • D3N355A
    D3N355A Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What's slim in 6? 6 minutes? is it a dvd? is it on youtube? thanks!

Its a 3 part workout system that you do for 6 weeks. I think the workouts are 35 mins - 1hr
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I started slim in 6 on Sunday 10th August. I'm going to do dvd 1 for 2 weeks, dvd 2 for 2 weeks and dvd 3 for 2 weeks. I'm not looking forward to stage 2 - but stage 1 is started to feel easier. I also do slim and limber every night. I love that, it's just stretching and it's so relaxing. I'm sleeping so much better since starting this programme.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I bought Slim in 6 after my first born. Many many many yrs ago and Till this day I still use it. I love it. In gives me results every time. It may get repetitive and boring at times but I stick to it. I'm currently on my second round of Slim in 6. The first round I lost 4 lbs and I lost 5 inches around the midsection
  • SusanKing1981
    Options
    It's very repetitive but I just go into my own little world where I'm toned and fit. I look forward to it every morning.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    ladies would you recommend this instead of the 30day shred

OR

is this something i could before attemping 30 day shred?

where can i get from??

sorry, full of questions today but on the look out for good work outs i can do at home

xx
  • SusanKing1981
    Options
    I've not used the 30day shred so can't comment. Slim in 6 is wonderful, I've noticed a difference in my body and my fitness levels are up. When I first started on 10th August I couldn't do any press ups, this morning I managed 20.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I teach Zumba Gold. It's a low impact version of the basic Zumba that burns a ton of calories, but without jumping. You should be able to find routines on YouTube and DVDs are available at Zumba.com
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My sister does Slim in 6. Before she started it I tried to talk her in to a different workout plan but to be fair she has completely transformed herself by following Slim in 6. She is a vegan and she has been eating a healthy diet along with the program, but the workouts in Slim in 6 have left her pretty toned and well, slim. She has cut a lot of weight and looks completely different than when she started 3 or so months ago. She did struggle with it at first, but now she can do the hour long workouts just fine.

So from an outsiders perspective I'd say it is worth doing. I've seen it work well along with healthy eating. You wont just slim down, you will get toned from doing the workouts also.
  • kezwbatay
    kezwbatay Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    ladies would you recommend this instead of the 30day shred

OR

is this something i could before attemping 30 day shred?

where can i get from??

sorry, full of questions today but on the look out for good work outs i can do at home

xx

I have done the 30 Day Shred which was good but can't comment on Slim in 6 although a friend had good results with it. You can watch them on youtube :)
  • HeatherBittner
    HeatherBittner Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I just got slim in 6 and am starting it on Monday. Very excited about it. Would love to hear more from those of you doing it now. Feel free to add me too!
  • drvinitasingh
    Options
    Hi there ,
    I have started slim in 6 last monday on 8th september .I am now on ramp it up .I try to do it everyday .So it has only been 1 week .I havent lost any weight yet bit I do feel I migh be loosing inches > iwill measure after 2 weeks .What are you doing with your diet though.
  • drvinitasingh
    Options
    Hi There,
    I have just started slim in 6 ,1 week ago .I am now on ramp it up .i am enjoying it .Do you have any tips to maximize the effect
  • fwhittaker
    fwhittaker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi guys

I started slim in 6 yesterday and am finding it really great. I have a back injury and have looked and looked for a good workout I can do that will not hurt my back or rely on core strength that I don't have. I can do this and it doesn't hurt. YAY!

Good luck to everyone else who is trying it :-)
  • psharma06
    psharma06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have done slim in 6 and enjoyed it. It does get repetitive but you do feel so toned once you've complete the workout!