SO I JUST FINISHED WEEK 3 of T25

Options
And I am still out of breath and cannot do all of the exercises. I have to modify most of the time, but I keep moving. It is really hard and Im trying to lose 30 lbs.

Should I do Alpha a second time before starting Beta. Im so out of breath.

Replies

• chy82
    chy82 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You have to judge for yourself. I am on week 5 of Beta. I really struggled with Total Body Circuit and was so afraid to move on to Beta. When I moved on to Beta I was pleasantly surprised. I liked Beta more than Alpha. Don't get me wrong it is still not easy but it was better for me. In week 3 of alpha I was still not nailing a lot of workouts and was modifying a lot.

You could try finishing Alpha and starting Beta. If you don't feel you can do Beta yet you could always go back to Alpha.

LOL and I am on my last week and am still out of breath. I don't know if that changes. :smile:

I am sending you a message.
  • covens04
    covens04 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I did T25 all the way through Gamma. It is fairly tough regardless of what segment you are in. Beta has different moves and incorporates some weights, so it is a nice change of pace. I would do what your are comfortable with. You could repeat Alpha or do week 1 of Beta and see how it goes. If it is too difficult, then you could re-do a round of Alpha before starting Beta. Hope this helps. Feel free to add me for support!
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 5 of Alpha, moving on to Beta tomorrow. I still modify when I need to. TBC was and is still a killer for me. I made myself try to go a few seconds longer each time before going to the modifier move. You have to listen to your body and do what you can do. Its Ok to follow the modifier-your still moving, still working hard. Changes will come! I'm proof of that! I'm moving on to Beta even though I haven't nailed all the workouts. I plan to re-do this routine once I'm done. Still contemplating Gamma too.
  • nikiramirez
    Options
    So, lots of people go through the same (out of breath, tired, etc. when starting out or pushing it hard). Here is an article that I like from Columbia University's Health group - feel free to dig through it if you'd like... Bottom line - keep working at it, and you'll increase you ability/capacity!!
    - goaskalice.columbia.edu/beginning-exercise-and-out-breath
  • lixnig
    Options
    I finished a first round of T25 a little over a month ago. During that time, I used an excel spreadsheet I found at the link below. During Alpha phase, I marked something like 85% of the workouts as "Barely Made it". During Beta it was probably about an even split, and Gamma was mostly "Nailed it's" if I remember right. I ended up losing about 20lbs during it. I wouldn't worry too much about still being out of breath after 3 weeks. I actually found Beta workouts to be easier to complete than Alpha. Beta circuit isn't as hard as Total Body Circuit for example IMO.

http://excelworkouttools.com/focus-t25/