INSANITY

Options
Has anyone who weighs 250 pounds or more completed the Insanity program, If so, what was your results. I purchaed P90X about 2 years ago and quit after a week, It was too hard. Any suggestions?

Replies

• SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    I had a client that weight over 250 try it. He got through the first month but didn't move on to the second.

I had another client that weight about 245 do it and dropped 37lbs.

My suggestion on this workout is to talk to your doctor. It's REALLY intense. You can do it and just take a lot of breaks, but most people I Coach want to keep up with the video. Take a youtube clip to your doc and ask them if it's right for you.
  • mazomama
    mazomama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Maybe start out with slim in 6 ( from beach body as well) then move on to the more extreme work outs :)
  • aladd2
    aladd2 Posts: 70
    Options
    I did it when I weighed a little below 200 pounds and completed it. It was really hard at first but your body adjusts and there's always ways to modify the exercises if they're too intense at first.
  • pchann
    pchann Posts: 84
    Options
    I don't know about you but I was gung ho for P90x. Then the yoga workout on day four was impossible for me. I weighed 240 pounds and had been riding a desk for years. My suggestion would be this. Put the insanity workout away. Get the P90x workout out and do the stretching dvd every single day for 30 days. During that 30 days you will be preparing your body and mind. Also during this 30 day period start adjusting your diet. Now after the 30 days start the p90x workouts with very low intensity. Trust me as time goes by your intensity will increase with your health and attitude. I've done P90x twice and P90x Plus once and in my second week of insanity. Happiest and healthiest I have ever been. Go slow and enjoy the journey. Al the best. p.s. don't skip the yoga, it's the best one for you :)