Had a baby...

Hello there, I'm not new to MFP but since having my second baby I'm having trouble staying focused. After having my daughter 3 years ago I lost 120 lbs, then when I got pregnant with my son I gained a lot of weight and had a very complicated pregnancy. My son is 10 weeks old now and I've lost over 30 lbs but still have 50 or so to go. I know I'm being hard on myself and it will come with time but it's difficult to stay positive, especially with a touch of baby blues... Looking to connect with some other people who have or are experiencing something similar.

Replies

• Rochester_mom
    Rochester_mom Posts: 100 Member
    I'm pregnant with my 4th and I know how hard it is to stay positive when trying to lose the baby weight. I also suffered with a bit of PPD and it can be very challenging. Send me a friend request - we can motivate each other!
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    I always tell people who asks about my weight loss that it's all about where you are in your life. Sometimes you need to focus your time and energy on something else and that is ok. I know it's hard but try to focus on just enjoying the time with your baby, it goes by so fast. He is very young, once he grows up a little you can turn the focus back on your appearance. Please also keep in check your "blues" if you are feeling too down talk to someone. Good luck and congrats on the new family addition :smile:
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Hello love, congrats on the baby! My partner and I are trying to add to our little family and make our daughter no longer an only child as well. I think at 10 weeks you're still healing, don't be too hard on your self. Try to get outside, weather permitting soak up a little sun. Even through the window if you have a sunny window, it always brightens my day ;) I gained 60 pounds with my daughter then lost it plus some in six months of nursing, now I wish I could get back to that weight, but I know it's hard and it's so easy to get wrapped up in it. Talk to your partner, if you can, let him know how you're feeling, n keep them baby blues in check. You lost 120 lbs before, that's amazing and you will lose this weight too, no need to rush! Maybe someone will come in with a new mom group? I know there was one for preg members
  • Thanks Ladies, just these couple of words made my day today :) I've been on track today and I'm working on increasing my milk supply cus I'm going to my husband's work Christmas party tomorrow night and need lots for him to eat for his sleepover at his nanny's. It's a hard balance cus the more I eat the more milk I produce but I don't want to eat too much... I've talked to my doc about my blues and I'm ok, it's not stopping me from going out or anything it's just making me turn to comforting foods between meals and healthy snacks. When I lost the 120 after my daughter it seemed to come off faster but I need to remember I started Herbal Magic when she was 3 months old and my milk supply was established, this time around I'm starting sooner but also still establishing a milk supply... My parent's recently moved in with us and I do all the cooking and my mom, who's been struggling with her weight since her hysterectomy over 10 years ago, has lost almost 10 lbs in the last month following my meal plans... I think hormones may still be a part of the reason why the weight isn't coming off as fast yet. Almost 3 months PP though and I've stopped leaking spontaneously, so I'm hoping my hormones are getting back to normal soon... Thanks for taking the time to respond and give me that little boost :)