Going camping, what foods to bring??

Options
I will be going camping Memorial Day weekend and we normally pack a bunch of crap. What kind of foods would everyone suggest to bring along to keep on track? Thanks everyone!!

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Turkey bugers!
  • herfg
    herfg Posts: 1
    Options
    I was hoping to see some good suggestions, as I have the same question. All I really have so far is homemde granola bars and protein bars, tuna, low-carb wraps, apples and jerky. I used to just pack boxed mac n cheese.
  • erin6026
    erin6026 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    oatmeal
    soup
    apples and peanut butter (or almond butter)
    jiffy pop (great around the campfire and I bet the lighter versions are better than s'mores)

I'd just make sure to go hiking or take a long walk on the beach. I usually end up burning a lot of cals camping since we're doing so many outdoor activities!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    whole grain crackers or pita chips with hummus.. mm

eggs over a campfire are do-able...

bring vegetables to roast over a campfire. just a little bit of olive oil and salt & pepper makes grilled carrots surprisingly good. you'll have to have a grillplate over the fire though, which I suppose isn't necessarily a campground "staple."

granola bars of course

ehhh I'm out :)
  • Rosaleeh81
    Options
    Turkey burgers, low fat/calorie dogs, those rice cakes that are small (forgot the name), popcorn that comes on a wire holder, make a low calorie mac salad, really ur options are limitless...u can always bring/eat lower calorie options of the normal camping foods :)
  • 6Pk2Go
    6Pk2Go Posts: 105
    Options
    pre-boiled eggs
    frozen chicken breast burgers
    trail mix
    apples
    pop chips
    pre cooked and sliced chicken breast
  • 10swampdonkey
    Options
    I am going soon too. We recently tried the Janet and Greta's gourmet chicken burgers with fire roasted vegetables. Pretty good, I plan to bring some. DON'T bring cheese smokies lol. I am trying to find other suitable things as well.
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    This is something that scares me about my weight loss. I don't want to gain it back over the summer camping (we will probably go most weekends) I keep thinking about what I used to eat licorice and sunflower seeds:) Not this year. Anyone have a good recipe for homemade granola bars?
  • LOVINLIFEGUY
    Options
    I love Chicken sausages, homemade jerkey and homemade dried fruit
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    We always take couscous and soup and fruit.
  • nicolej216
    Options
    Turgey saugage crumbles with peppers onions and cheese low fat shredded of course wrap them up in foil and throw them on then use as a topper for potatos .Also handy packs of 100 cal crackers .Special k chips and lots of veggies baby carrots broc you know the good stuff and lots of waters