Not losing weight!

Options
I've never had a weight problem. Not even after having a baby. But for my height (5'0), any little weight gain shows. I currently weigh 120lbs, which is healthy. However, I would like to have a more healthy physique (lower body fat %) which means losing weight. I would like to lose about 10 lbs. Since January, I've completely changed my eating habits. I stopped drinking sodas and eating fried foods. I've reduced my alcohol intake drastically (1 mixed drink a month). I only eat lean meats (fish, turkey, chicken). I've switched to 100% whole grains. I"m eating my recommended calories (1400). I eat tons of vegetables and fruits and I drink 48-64oz of water a day. I jog about 6 miles a week and I weight train twice a week. But the scale has not budged since the second week when I lost 5 lbs (water weight). I haven't lost inches either. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• nab22
    nab22 Posts: 168
    Options
    I'd like to hear responses too! I recently ditched my cardio (for the most part), am lifting 3-4 times a week, and eating a lot more protein. Its too early for results but this is my plan to mix things up and hopefully get me over this last hump! Gotta try something right?! I WILL look good in my new bikini ;)
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I don't have a solid answer, but the closer you are to your goal weight, the harder it is to lose the weight. I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I just think your body likes the healthy weight you are currently at. I think maybe if you want to shed more lbs, you'll have to step up the exercise. JMO Good luck!
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hello! Lube trying a different exercises than normally. Fool your body. Change it up!
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hello! trying a different exercises than normally. Fool your body. Change it up!
  • kate_newlifestyle
    Options
    I eat tons of vegetables and fruits

Carbs can make you gain weight if you take them in excess. Carbs cause insulin spikes, and tell our bodies to convert the sugar building blocks into fat. I dont know how much grams of sugar do you eat per day but I would recommend to watch it.