help overate by 2000 calories, tired, what i should i do?

Options
slemonfit
slemonfit Posts: 97 Member
edited November 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
im 5'1, small framed, and my recommended calories is 1200
i havent exercised today or yesterday
i ate ok up to about 5 pm when i got off from work
the rest of the night i ate 2000 calories :(
in between 5:30-8:30 PM
im really upset as this is the worst ive done since i started my weight loss journal back in march
i had originally planned to exercise but i feel tired and dont like to work out in the evenings (my ideal time is a few hours after lunch around 2-3 PM)
also i felt hungry and i kept eating
i drank some water and still felt hungry
i tried to eat some "filling" foods like grapefruit, grapes, etc. and still felt hungry :(
what did i do wrong, how can i prevent from this from happening again and if it happens again what should i do?

i havent really had trouble eating at 1300 calories, i have done that for a few months since april without any issues
but i dont know why lately this is happening

thanks!

here's my food journal today:

Su 11/9
french toast 150
bacon bits 50
5.5 sausages 350
french toast 150

Whole Milk .75 cup 120
organic corn flakes 220

soymilk 120
Candy 6 pieces, 8 each 48
popcorn 100
mr pibb 20

banana half 50
bread 60
ham x3 75
cheese 80
fruit grapes 80
peanut butter 100

grapefruit 80

cheese 150
pb 210

10 almonds 60
whole milk 80
organic corn flakes 200

organic corn flakes 300
2 vitamins 15
potato soft taco 250

salad greens spinach 10
olive oil 60
chicken 100

Replies

• rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Try to get more protein and less corn flakes,I find that it helps me to eat a protein and Fat rich breakfast..it keeps me from feeling hungry all day. also eat some fat with your fruit. Like nuts. Sometimes our bodies just need MORE food, you said that you have stuck to 1300 since March that is great! One high calorie day won't hurt you, just accept it and start again tomorrow.
  • donnasinc
    donnasinc Posts: 114 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Yah, I would not worry about having a detour day either. Those days are going to happen. I would analyze what you are eating though. Do you plan your day out ahead of time? I find that really helps me a lot to think it through and track what I will be eating before I get there. There seems to be a lot of "empty" calories in your journal that you are showing.
  • slemonfit
    slemonfit Posts: 97 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    well there were a couple times i went over but its never been so high
    sometimes i do even 1400-1600 and its been fine (i also jog more on those days)
    there have been some days i did 1800-2000
    and recently i went to like 2600
    but never over 3000 :(
    i think all this week's effort i lost in one day
    i didnt plan out my day ahead of tie
    should i?

i ate a lot of peanut butter
    but i find when i eat peanut butter it isnt filling and i end up eating a lot of it

do you think there's some other foods im missing?
    why do you think this happened?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    It's going to be okay. I suggest you just look at it as a learning experience and eat regularly tomorrow.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Recommended calories for when you do no exercise is likely 1200, but what is the actual calorie level for when you do exercise and correctly log it?
    And how much do you eat on those days?

There is perhaps a really good explanation as to why you felt such a desire to overeat today.

And with only 15 lbs to go, have you changed weight loss goal amount to 1 lb weekly, or actually likely better 1/2 lb weekly to have a more reasonable deficit for amount to lose?

There's another potential reason why.
  • donnasinc
    donnasinc Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It seems like you are having lots of "hits" of food and nothing substantial. Personally, I can load up a huge salad for lunch made up of mixed greens, different veggies and then throw in some cut up chicken and I am satisfied for the afternoon. When I get to the end of the afternoon or even mid-afternoon I have a piece of fruit. I think that you have to recognize your own situation, for instance, you said that when you eat peanut butter you don't feel full so you keep eating. I would take that off your list of foods. I think you need to up your greens too.
  • backwardsn
    Options
    I would sincerely recommend eggs. Eggs are so filling! If you are absolutely starving by the end of the day, drink a cup of milk and scramble some eggs. Its high in protein and should keep you full. :) If you find this is happening a lot, I would echo what others have said re-evaluate. Maybe up your calories just a titch, and maybe focus on losing .5 lb./week instead of a full pound.

To be honest the most important thing is to not let this get you down! Wake up tomorrow and remember that it is a new day- the past is in the past- Let it go! :) You can do anything you set your mind to. :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    slemonfit wrote: »
    im 5'1, small framed, and my recommended calories is 1200
    i havent exercised today or yesterday
    i ate ok up to about 5 pm when i got off from work
    the rest of the night i ate 2000 calories :(
    in between 5:30-8:30 PM
    im really upset as this is the worst ive done since i started my weight loss journal back in march
    i had originally planned to exercise but i feel tired and dont like to work out in the evenings (my ideal time is a few hours after lunch around 2-3 PM)
    also i felt hungry and i kept eating
    i drank some water and still felt hungry
    i tried to eat some "filling" foods like grapefruit, grapes, etc. and still felt hungry :(
    what did i do wrong, how can i prevent from this from happening again and if it happens again what should i do?

i havent really had trouble eating at 1300 calories, i have done that for a few months since april without any issues
    but i dont know why lately this is happening

thanks!

here's my food journal today:

Su 11/9
    french toast 150
    bacon bits 50
    5.5 sausages 350
    french toast 150

Whole Milk .75 cup 120
    organic corn flakes 220

soymilk 120
    Candy 6 pieces, 8 each 48
    popcorn 100
    mr pibb 20

banana half 50
    bread 60
    ham x3 75
    cheese 80
    fruit grapes 80
    peanut butter 100

grapefruit 80

cheese 150
    pb 210

10 almonds 60
    whole milk 80
    organic corn flakes 200

organic corn flakes 300
    2 vitamins 15
    potato soft taco 250

salad greens spinach 10
    olive oil 60
    chicken 100

That doesn't even seem like that much food and so many calories.

Anyway, are you weighing all this? Especially peanut butter?

Also, I've never heard of grapes being filling.