NSV! Eat my dust, weekend!

Options
mpsmith88
mpsmith88 Posts: 6 Member
edited November 2014 in Success Stories
I always struggle with the weekends. It never fails: I have a plan ready to be executed, but temptation gets the best of me.....temptation in the form of beer and good ol fashioned greasy bar food.

This weekend was different...sort of. I went out for dinner on Friday, had a beer and even shared an appetizer! Thank goodness for Applebee's under 550 calories menu. They make it so simple! Today I indulged in a tasty Arby's beef and cheddar sandwich (no fries for this girl!) mmmmm my fave. But guess what?! Since I ran my tail off and adjusted my intake for other meals I was able to stay within my calorie allowance and enjoy my meals guilt free.

I feel like I can take on an all inclusive beach vacay!
Just kidding.... I'm not ready for that kind of pressure yet :s
Cheers!

Replies

• thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I hear you girl! Weekends are the worst for me, everyone wants to socialize and everyone wants to drink beer and eat bad food. I've cut beer out of my life and lately I've made the move to not drink at all except for a small glass of wine at dinner on weekends. It cuts calories as well as allowing you to make more sober decisions re: food choices. Have you thought about cutting out alcohol for a while? Or maybe cutting just beer?

Omg I am pondering an all-inclusive in early spring 2015 and already I'm petrified of it because I know it will most likely turn into a no holds barred feasting and drinking extravaganza for me. One step at a time!

Good luck!
  • franch71
    franch71 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Weekends are my big current issue. I don't drink much but probably even one drink is enough to make me relax my rules. I have also got out of the habit of logging at the weekend.

Am going to start by planning the entire weekend on Fridays (as far as possible - and it is probably much more possible than I admit!). If that doesn't work then my weekend drinks may have to go!!
  • chelseavanchilli
    chelseavanchilli Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Weekends have always been my setback, especially last year. I'd go a whole week clean eating and attending the gym, only to reach friday and throw it all away. Drinking hard alcohol+dining at a restaurant was bad enough, but then saturday, sleep-deprived and with a hangover, there's no way I'd be going to the gym, and my body would crave for unhealthy foods. Plus, I'd go out again and Sunday would be even worse. Instead, this weekend I've drinked in moderation and I planned ahead so my meals would allow for the extra calories and sugars. Once you do this, you begin to realize it's really worth it just to plan ahead and try to make better choices, your body will notice the positive impact...on a side note, I'm thinking about cutting out alcohol altogether for a month and see how that goes..
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Excellent work, keep it up!
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I just returned from an all inclusive it's amazing how my eating style has changed.
    I did indulge I just didn't overdue it. I only gained 2 lbs. and I lost that after one week.
    On Friday again I indulged with pizza and wine but the scale was down the next day.
    It's how you eat overall that matters in the weight game!
  • mpsmith88
    mpsmith88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about cutting out alcohol for a while? Or maybe cutting just beer?

I have thought about it, however right now I am just working on cutting out alcohol during the week which is a huge step for me! My fiance and I are the kind of people who always have a case of beer in the fridge and I usually enjoy 3 or 4 beers a night while I'm cooking and eating dinner. It's been a terrible habit for years and I know it's been a contributing factor to my weight gain. Maybe someday I'll try giving it up for awhile, but for now I'll just enjoy a few on the weekends and special occasions :smile: Good luck if you go on a trip this spring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!