Serious about weight loss

Options
Hello everyone, I am not really new to this but I am finally serious about my weight loss. I have a lot of weight to lose and I am having a hard time doing it on my own. Any help that I can get is greatly welcomed. If any of you all know of anything that I can do to lose weight faster if possible please let me know.

Replies

• INSPIRE_SELF
    Options
    add me :
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Glad that you're serious about improving your health. It's a big step that I only took for myself about 5 weeks ago!
    It is not about losing weight quickly. If you have made this decision to be serious, then you need to make the decision to be safe and accept that it is a lifestyle change that will not happen overnight.

If you are really new to this sort of stuff, then you can make small changes to start off. Make sure you drink plenty of water. Eat more fruit and veg. If you feel hungry, snack on nuts and seeds. Make sure you weigh everything and log correctly. And stay within your calories - don't worry tooooooo much about the macros at this stage (break down of carbs, protein, sugar, fat etc). That being said, don't go mental on them either! :smile:
    Try and get out and go for walks for 10 mins every day. Then up it to 15, 20 etc.

Eat less (and eat right) and move more. :smile:

Good luck
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! It is so hard to do on your own. This is a great site to help you get started. Feel free to add me for support! :)
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Join groups! I love participating in the group challenges.

If you have a lot to lose I suggest...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/21097-for-the-morbidly-obese

Don't let the name scare you...we are just a group that has a lot to lose.