new member and would like some support

Options
Hi im new to all this but I'll start by telling you about me. I'm 18 and pretty overweight; I've actually weighted the same since I was 16. I spend all day working on my laptop since I do online schooling. It's just me and my boyfriend and he's usually at work so I have no real support so at first I'm excited to start working out and eating right then gradually lose interest.

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi welcome and gd luck, u will find lots of support on here, feel free 2 add me:smile:
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me and i'll help as much as you want :)
  • taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi Nillie, welcome to MFP and good luck with your fitness goals. I learned that being honest with what you eat is the first step (so add what you eat!), then adding exercise (start off with cardio and then strength), then after awhile, you can review your food intake and then make food decisions. I learned that it takes work to figure all this out and while I am perhaps over-doing it a bit, I know that once I have enough information, (and knowing is half the battle) you will make "proper" decisions as you already have the desire to do so.

Give it a chance and you'll see what I mean. What I wrote is what I am going through so everyone's experience may be different, good luck with your journey! I also learned that typing your thoughts is also a good motivator as it keeps you even more honest.
  • sethra
    sethra Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome, and good luck there are a lot of interesting reads here and great advice.
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Everyone here is really supportive! You can do this!