Working on Saturday

Options
jsnphllps
jsnphllps Posts: 5 Member
Who else is at work this Saturday? Does it just not suck? I am on mfp to keep my sanity today.

Replies

• Amanda993
    Amanda993 Posts: 51
    Options
    I am! And it looks like I will get off work just in time for the thunderstorms to come rolling in. Oh well, I'm still happy it's the weekend!
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have worked every Saturday (except for holidays) for the last 17 years. BUT starting next Saturday I'm swapping my usual Monday day off to a Saturday and I can't wait. All my friends have Saturday off and it means I cancel less plans now.
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    10:45 - 6:45 every sat. Can't use internet or cell phones while on the floor, so I'm going to die of boredom as usual.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I am at work right now. Luckily it is raining. if it was sunny and warm out. I'd be more upset.

Of course I am getting paid to surf and watch movies, so I really can't complain much.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Not me, although they wanted me to. I have to work every other weekend I think that's enough for me. Plus I am glad I didn't go in I am feelin a bit nausated today!
  • mfiggs
    mfiggs Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am at work, but only cuz I need some extra money, this is not an every Saturday deal:)
  • Pakitalian85
    Pakitalian85 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm here too! Should be working on my cases instead of fooling around on here... but I'm BORED TO DEATH!!! I feel everyone's pain. Hubby is at home sleeping peacefully... :grumble:
  • Doing_me
    Doing_me Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    welcome to the club... Im at work too and the time is not passing either :( 2h to go and then off to the gym to work off that weekend laziness :)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I'm here too! Should be working on my cases instead of fooling around on here... but I'm BORED TO DEATH!!! I feel everyone's pain. Hubby is at home sleeping peacefully... :grumble:
    Aww you should go home and wake him up. naughty.gif

I3iQm.jpg
  • troythegeek
    Options
    I'm working too. It's my first Saturday in over a month so not too bad, but I'm working two in a row. It may be only for 4 hours, but I absolutely hate it. Nothing good ever comes from working Saturday.
  • jsnphllps
    Options
    I have to work every third saturday for eight hours, all in all not that bad i guess but the sun is shining and being outside doing something would be nice right now.
  • Pakitalian85
    Pakitalian85 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Binary jester:

hahahahaha... will do :wink:
  • jsnphllps
    Options
    My gf is at home sleeping also, I think I shall call her and wake her up too.
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I work every Saturday and Sunday ( a straight 26 hrs). I have to cancel a lot of plans, but the job isn't too bad. I'm on MFP and FB a lot to keep myself occupied!
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My only day off is Monday every week...if I get that!! Being a head chef and kitchen manager kind sux sometimes!
  • Crissy143
    Crissy143 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I work every Saturday and Sunday from 7am-11pm and it sucks! I miss church and other family activities. But I did chose weekends so that I wouldn't have to pay daycare expenses during the week!
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    i'm at work right now, thankfully this is an american site or i wouldn't be able to use it (work filters social networking sites, forums, blogs etc, so i assume thats the only reason you guys get through) i work 5 out of 6 saturdays and pretty much every other sunday, today i have the short straw as i'm on lates 13:24 to 20:48 then i have to cycle back home, oh well at least tomorrow is one of my sundays off
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm usually a M-F office type, but not only is this my on-call weekend, I have to lead training at my office, so I'm here on my Saturday too!!
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Yep at work too, but only to get caught up, so can blast the radio and I don't have to deal with anyone!!!!
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i work 8-8 every saturday! I'm on reception at a mens homeless unit.

Its ok, relatively quiet today, which means i've managed to revise one of my exam topics, which is good!