43lbs down, pics over half way!

Options
cookmtn
cookmtn Posts: 156 Member
I have decided to post an in progress success story to keep me going, and possibly help others.

I am 45 years old
5'7 1/2" tall
Starting weight 222lbs April 2014
CW 177.6lbs
GW around 140lbs

I love to cook, love to eat, love wine, and eliminating any food just makes me fixate on that very thing. I have tried to lose weight in the past and would go down 10, maybe 20 lbs at the most, and then gain it back. After finding mfp, I realize I would restrict my calories way too severely and therefore could only sustain it for a couple weeks at a time. Then I would give up, etc...

I currently eat 1600 calories a day, plus half exercise calories.
I weigh myself and log it daily, altho I realize this is not for everyone.
I use a digital food scale every day.
I took a diet break the end of Sept. 2014 for 2 weeks, and will again over Christmas.

PLEASE read and REREAD the announcements at the beginning of the forums. I cannot stress enough how helpful this has been to me. Also, google Lyle McDonald and read anything he writes.

The first photo is what started this whole ball rolling, UGH!
q3vkykj9seyg.jpg

This is a picture from today. I tried to replicate the first photo.
miepmd3bl9px.jpg

Good Luck on your journeys everyone!

Replies

• BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Nice job. You are doing it right :D It shows too
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching the halfway mark!!!
  • cookmtn
    Options
    Thanks you guys, I really appreciate that!
  • BuckeyeBeauty
    Options
    You look incredible and should be sooo proud of yourself! How long did it take you to lose that much??
  • cookmtn
    Options
    You look incredible and should be sooo proud of yourself! How long did it take you to lose that much??

7 months, slow and steady! At the moment I am losing 5 lbs a month on average. I figure this is not something that ends. It will change: calories, exercise, but it doesn't end, therefore no rush.
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Your perseverance is showing! Keep up the good work. On the side, if your photo shows where you live, I used to live there too! Many years ago. Used to go down by the lighthouse park trail to the beach and jog. Miss that town.
  • cookmtn
    Options
    SbetaK wrote: »
    Your perseverance is showing! Keep up the good work. On the side, if your photo shows where you live, I used to live there too! Many years ago. Used to go down by the lighthouse park trail to the beach and jog. Miss that town.

I no longer live there, but my parents do. Try to get back every year and boy, do I miss it!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!
  • wildeyezz
    wildeyezz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You can do it!
  • _nicole_jane
    _nicole_jane Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be really proud of what you've done. I started in April, at 44 and weighing 245, and lost 30 lbs, but lost my mojo. Alcohol and salty things did me in. You have inspired me to get back on track and keep going. Thank you!
  • catb58
    catb58 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Great job! :smile:
  • cookmtn
    Options
    njtm wrote: »
    Congratulations! You should be really proud of what you've done. I started in April, at 44 and weighing 245, and lost 30 lbs, but lost my mojo. Alcohol and salty things did me in. You have inspired me to get back on track and keep going. Thank you!

I'm really glad!! Thanks everybody!
  • nina07111
    nina07111 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    What a difference - well done!
  • bkknights
    bkknights Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow, thats amazing. I have about the same starting stats and goal. You are an inspiration!
  • cookmtn
    Options
    brklyn8102 wrote: »
    Wow, thats amazing. I have about the same starting stats and goal. You are an inspiration!

Thanks! Too bad it took me till my 40s, huh?
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Never too late to get healthy good for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!