Help...

I have always had struggles with my weight but 2 years ago I was in the best shape of my life..since then medical issues have happened and I just can't stay on track I have gained 50 pounds I never workout...I am miserable but can't seem to get anything going...

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    We've all been there, but unfortunately nobody can make the decision to lose weight for you.
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    I have some serious medical disabilities, and it can be really hard to take care of myself by eating right, exercising, and maintaining a positive attitude. I honestly feel I can get into great shape despite my medical problems and persistent pain. That belief in myself has helped me keep going, helped me to start in the first place, and keeps me going when I have setbacks or I'm stalled. Somehow you have to dig deep and start from where you are. Small steps help. I also do everything my doctors tell me to manage my conditions (I do have good doctors who I trust). I have found work-arounds that over time have evolved into good habits that are taking me forward and far.

Don't give up. There is always a little something we can do to overcome obstacles. Let your past fitness inspire instead of shame you. Make small changes and believe in yourself. Those small changes can become bigger and bigger if you stick by yourself and look forward to great things.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    The important thing is to just not give up. If you are consistent about trying to adopt healthy behaviors, you'll get to your goals eventually. It's a hard process, but you can do it for sure!

Allan
  • zac775
    zac775 Posts: 199 Member
    Dont give up, we are here to help where we can be it advice or motivation. All you have to do is ask, and I am sure people will rally to your corner to support you.
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    I too suffered from some medical issues, mostly joint and muscular pain. Unfortunately I allowed that to be my excuse and found that I began eating bad again and the weight came back on. A few weeks ago I had to throw the excuses out the door. Actually it was more like, I kicked them out the door. I was where I wanted to be and when the pain started I put the weight back on.. All that did was make the pain worse.

What I came up with is this. Do the best you can do. Eat as healthy as you can and do what ever exercise you can do. If it is walking, then walk. If it is yoga, then do that.

Take each day as it comes. It is not a race it is a journey to find what is best for you. We each have different goals, the main thing is you try to reach yours.

The best advise I can give you though is to come here for support and motivation. If you need a friend, send me a request
  • court0807 wrote: »
    I have always had struggles with my weight but 2 years ago I was in the best shape of my life..since then medical issues have happened and I just can't stay on track I have gained 50 pounds I never workout...I am miserable but can't seem to get anything going...

Don't give up! It's so unbelievably hard to start a program...any program. The first few weeks are HARD! After that, it does get easier. The best thing, motivation or not, is to just get up and exercise. The motivation is the feel good feeling that comes after the workout. Eventually, you will crave that feeling and it will get easier.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Week 1 is the hardest. Just get it out of the way.
This discussion has been closed.