Help/Advice/Support needed.

Options
Good morning everyone. I'm back after being gone for awhile. My life since August has been some of the hardest times for me ever. My mom was really sick for most of August and then the first week of September she died. One weekend she was hiking the Grand Canyon, the next weekend she was on life support and the doctors never could figure out what was wrong. So for most of August I was in the hospital with her making sure she got the best care she could. I've been so out of it and hurting since her death that I don't even care what I eat or how much of it....BUT today I woke up and weighed myself.....I need to get back into a healthy way of life and stop this craziness.....I really need help and support....Any thoughts, advice you all could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• onecatleadstoanother
    Options
    what better way to honour her memory than living a fit active life that you enjoy.
  • tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie! I am just starting back after nearly two years away. It's really difficult to lose anyone you love and all to often we turn to food for solace. You are not alone and there is a ton of great support here!
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you.

Time to take care of you. Welcome back. Start logging your food and take it from there.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have never been in your shoes. My mother is 81 and is not in the best health so, I treasure the days I have with her.
    I can tell you this much; your mother would not have wanted you to go back to an unhealthy lifestyle due to her passing. She is now happy and healthy. Moreover, she is watching and loving you and wanting all that a long healthy life can bring you. The best way to honor her is to make sure you live your life to the fullest, maybe even hike the Grand Canyon in her memory.
    Add me, if you would like another friend.
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hi my condolences to you, I also just lost my mother ( 2 October 2014) , I understand how you are feeling, you are not alone.( Big Hug). Everything seems overwhelming right now.
    I have not been sleeping properly.

Take one action at a time, until you find your feet again.

I decided I would just log my meals everyday when possible to keep me grounded, and after that is good, I would change another Habit, and just keep progressing until I reach the finish line of success.
  • 1julietax
    1julietax Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    111grace wrote: »
    Hi my condolences to you, I also just lost my mother ( 2 October 2014) , I understand how you are feeling, you are not alone.( Big Hug). Everything seems overwhelming right now.
    I have not been sleeping properly.

Take one action at a time, until you find your feet again.

I decided I would just log my meals everyday when possible to keep me grounded, and after that is good, I would change another Habit, and just keep progressing until I reach the finish line of success.

So sorry for your loss. There are no words to express how sad I am for you. I know how devastating it seems to be losing your mother. I too went through the sleepless nights. When my mom was in the hospital I was so afraid of getting a late night call that I just never went to sleep. Now I'm back on a normal sleeping schedule. So thank goodness for small victories. Hugs to you!!! PM me if you ever need to talk....
  • valissa
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I am a fulltime caregiver for my mother. She has many health issues. I am trying to stay healthy, exercise and avoid getting all the health issues she has. Loosing someone you love is very stressful. Taking care of yourself is important and can help alleviate some stress. My advice would be to schedule an hour a day for you, use this time to do an activity you like that takes your mind off things. Music also helps me a lot. I like to zone out on my Ipod or Pandora while burning cals on elliptical . Take best care of yourself.
  • LeadFromTheFront
    LeadFromTheFront Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, you need to be plugged in to a community of like minded people. I don't think this online community is a full replacement for a local group of people you can meet face to face. Join the YMCA, join a group fitness club, something.
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. I lost my sister three years ago -- it is a hard thing to get past. Support is support-- even if it's online. Feel free to add me.
  • 1julietax
    1julietax Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    nosajjao wrote: »
    1julietax wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. I'm back after being gone for awhile. My life since August has been some of the hardest times for me ever. My mom was really sick for most of August and then the first week of September she died. One weekend she was hiking the Grand Canyon, the next weekend she was on life support and the doctors never could figure out what was wrong. So for most of August I was in the hospital with her making sure she got the best care she could. I've been so out of it and hurting since her death that I don't even care what I eat or how much of it....BUT today I woke up and weighed myself.....I need to get back into a healthy way of life and stop this craziness.....I really need help and support....Any thoughts, advice you all could give me would be greatly appreciated.

You're not asking for anything specific; no one's going to help you, you need to help yourself. Ditch the scale, measure with taping and calipers for body fat and waist size.

Thanks for the support.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    oh!!! I truly hope someday you are hiking the canyon in her honor <3
  • Tru809
    Tru809 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Trying this again.. wishing everyone good luck on their journey