Iphone or droid

Options
Hi All,

You helped me pick the right HRM and I was so pleased that I am asking for help deciding on either an Iphone or Droid. The main reason I want this is to have MFP with me at all times, I am sure that I will find many more tools once I have it. Any input? Thanks, Lynn

Replies

• eskowronski
    Options
    The iPhone ap is great!
  • rileybrenden
    Options
    Hi I have a HTC Desire android phone and I absolutely love it. Works exactly like an iphone but it was free on a contract so thats why I picked it. The more I use it the more I love it!!
  • wwright8835
    wwright8835 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i use the android app and I love it. I havent used the iphone app. maybe someone that has used both will comment on the differences but i can tell ya the android app works very well for me

Evo 4g sprint
  • wannabefit4life
    Options
    I just got my iphone and i LOVVVVVE it!!! :) The ap is perfect! Go for the Iphone!
  • JulyHummingbird
    JulyHummingbird Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The Android ap is really good and they will be enhancing it again soon. I have a Samsung Intercept (very cool phone) on the Virgin Mobile prepaid plan for $25 per month. Can't beat the price for unlimited internet and text - and no contract.
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I use the iPhone app on my iPad. It makes logging what I eat so easy.
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I really love my iPhone and the app is great. The only thing that the Droid has that the iPhone doesn't is the bar code scanner. But I love everything about my iPhone and would take it over the droid any day of the week!!! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • JulyHummingbird
    Options
    I really love my iPhone and the app is great. The only thing that the Droid has that the iPhone doesn't is the bar code scanner. But I love everything about my iPhone and would take it over the droid any day of the week!!! Good luck! :flowerforyou:

My Android phone has a bar code scanner - works like a dream.

Edit - oops, that's what you just said. Sorry!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    what is the difference between the two? I've been considering one too but I'm not very knowledgeable in the new technology phones and can't afford high prices for phone or data usage. Are minutes and data separate charges?
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I am an Android junkie.

iPhones are fine, but it really depends on what you want to do. Androids tend to be a lot more customizable than iPhones, and you can tinker with them a lot more than you can with an iPhone. You also have a ton of options for Android phones (basic to super-snazzy), and a ton of carriers with Android. iPhones are a little more streamlined with the user interface, however.

If you like to tinker, customize, etc -- get an Android. If you're fine with vanilla UI's, get an iPhone.

iPhones do not run Flash, so if you're looking for that, you will be out of luck. Androids are just now getting video chat.

@VixFit2011 - Yes, you must buy a separate data package if you purchase a smartphone. Minutes are separate.
  • JulyHummingbird
    Options
    what is the difference between the two? I've been considering one too but I'm not very knowledgeable in the new technology phones and can't afford high prices for phone or data usage. Are minutes and data separate charges?

My Virgin Mobile prepaid plan is $25 per month with unlimited internet (data) and text and 300 talk minutes. You can get 1200 minutes with unlimited data and text for $40 and unlimited everything for $60. No contract, but you do have to buy the phone. Boost has similar packages. Go to Best Buy and browse :)
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    another droid user here, i find the app simple to use, just discovered that the barcode scanner does work today without having to download a seperate reader so shall utilise that more now, and if there is anything i struggle with on the app i can just use wifi and connect to the main site
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I live in a remote area and don't always have the best service, is one better than the other for that? And, is there a chance that mfp will be getting the scanner soon for the iphone?
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I live in a remote area and don't always have the best service, is one better than the other for that? And, is there a chance that mfp will be getting the scanner soon for the iphone?

It really depends on the carrier. I'd ask folks who live in your area what they think of that. Personally, I haven't had any problems with Verizon.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Both are great. Personally I use the Droid because VirginMobile has such inexpensive plans. No problems so far.
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my droid! And the barcode ap is the coolest thing EVER! If I can't find something in the data base, I scan the barcode and hit add. It's so easy! It even scanned my bottle of wine, came up with the brand name and all the info.

I looked into both and went with the Droid 2 because it has a slide out key pad. I can't stand the touch screen for typing. Also the screen on the droid 2 is bigger than the Iphone.
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    iPhone iPhone iPhone

that is all.

:)

I <3 my iPhone if you can't tell.

I never used this app on my old droid. I just wish the message boards were on the app!
  • Spike46
    Spike46 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just got the Samsung Fascinate and it is amazing! I asked the Verizon dealer who sold it to me what the difference was between that and the Droid X. She said there isnt a huge difference and they will all have the same apps and run off the same Android system. I got the Fascinate cuz it was 50$ cheaper and the app i got is awesome thats actually how I got turned onto the website was that I found the app on my phone. Good Luck!
  • Ryantube
    Ryantube Posts: 5
    Options
    I downloaded the MFP app for my iphone, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'll open it, and it just crashes. It won't even let me sign in! If anyone can help, much appreciated. :)

I think it would be very helpful to use one of these apps. The barcode scanner sounds very useful, and just the sheer fact that it's in your pocket is awesome. I'm sure there aren't really many drastic diffferences as they'd both have been built the same way :D
  • voyageruk
    voyageruk Posts: 11
    Options
    iPhone all the way! I have the iPhone 4 and iPad 2. I consider them to be the two best purchases I have ever made.

No other phone on the market comes close to the iPhone on build quality or usability in my opinion and I have tried many handsets.

Get one!