No discipline

Options
I'm walking everyday, but I don't track everyday and my eating is awful. I'm just always hungry and I can lose by cutting out certain foods but I either never eat them again or put the weight back on eating them. I love cheeses and breads. I feel like I have no self control.

Replies

• 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    That's one of the toughest things to overcome. If you can't beat temptation, then it will beat you. If you want it bad enough, the sacrifices will have to be made. I wish you much luck and hope you find the willpower to conquer.
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Have it but smaller amounts tell yourself you will not have any taboo foods that way psychologically you won't feel the guilt when you eat it and then over eat it when you do have it because you might feel it won't come again? I am old now-don't wait until you get old to realize moderation is the key-live a happy life without guilt and deprivation- good luck to you- keep us posted okay
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    The biggest challenge is learning how to make a healthy lifestyle work for you. If you love cheese and bread, learn to eat in moderation. If you deprive yourself of something you love you will fail. Just take things one day at a time and one decision. See how your body reacts to the small changes you make. Set a small goal, make a plan to acheive, and then hold yourself accountable. This is a journey. It takes time to do it right. Just keep on trying.
  • toefreckle
    Options
    They're so high in calories (have you ever looked at the calcount on cheescake?!? lol) and even a little makes a difference that I'm hungry later. I don't know how to explain it.
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Either do or don't. There is no try.
  • toefreckle
    Options
    That's pretty harsh.
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    How much fiber and protein are you getting daily. If not enough, that may be why you're hungry all the time
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you'd like, just do so in moderation. If this was easy, everyone would be doing it. Start logging EVERYDAY, then make a choice and just do it!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    The only way to build self-control and instill self-discipline is consistency with it. Think of how you would teach it to children, right?
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    4aces61 wrote: »
    How much fiber and protein are you getting daily. If not enough, that may be why you're hungry all the time

True. Also, are you REALLY hungry at all? Or are you eating out of habit and boredom? Not enough information has been provided, but sometimes people lose their ability to identify actual hunger and just rely on habits.

You said you DO lose when you cut out certain foods. It's all a matter of how badly you want the end results as to the extent of the sacrifices you are willing to make. You are accountable to YOU and you only. Have ONE serving of bread and/or cheese each day. Tell yourself you will have more again tomorrow. Be positive! You can do it!
  • ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I also struggle with willpower. My suggestion is to take it one day at a time. Set up small daily goals for yourself (ex: Today I will drink 8 cups of water. Today I will stay within my calorie goal. Etc.) and work hard to reach those. Choose new goals every morning. It's what's been working for me. Good luck!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    toefreckle wrote: »
    That's pretty harsh.

not really, it's just a motivational quote Yoda said in Star Wars. No malicious intent!
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    ellepribro wrote: »
    I also struggle with willpower. My suggestion is to take it one day at a time. Set up small daily goals for yourself (ex: Today I will drink 8 cups of water. Today I will stay within my calorie goal. Etc.) and work hard to reach those. Choose new goals every morning. It's what's been working for me. Good luck!

I agree with this... Start with drinking 6 to 8 glasses of water for today--just today. Tomorrow, do the same. Keep taking small steps one day at a time. Good luck