friends who lift

Options
Ive been on MFP for a while, but i dont have many lifting friends, and i want more! I am serious about bodybuilding and it would be a dream to make a career out of it. so tell me why do you love to lift? :)

Replies

• HardkoreGam3r
    HardkoreGam3r Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    And who is your inspiration?
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I love to lift because I hate cardio...and because i can squat heavier than my boyfriend at the moment. Not serious enough to compete, maybe down the road
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I lift because it makes me feel and look amazing. and because it makes me more awesome aka stronger
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Lifting is life! :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I lift because I want to be strong(er).
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I love to lift because it makes me stronger. It has given me more confidence than I ever thought I would have. Plus, I love how it changed my body.
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I've been in and out of lifting my whole life. I recently just got back into it. I have found the older I get, the less healthy I became. So diet and exercise has become a daily ritual this year. I've made a lot of great gains in the last 10 months. This is definitely now a lifestyle change. I feel better now then I have in a long time. My diary is open and I log everyday. Feel free to add me to your FL if you wish
  • loseitnow93
    loseitnow93 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I lift because I love seeing the changes in my body. Being able to lift heavier and heavier each time is what keeps me going.
  • trungalung
    Options
    I lift just because I want to look good (and feel good). Credit goes to one of my friend ( that guy is like always ripped since high school). Strength is a big bonus since I play a lot of basketball.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    because there is magic in the iron.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I lift because I want to be strong(er).

+1
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I started lifting after reading Staci's story on nerdfitness, but I stuck with it because I love lifting and love becoming stronger.

And there are a TON of women who lift in the Stronglifts for women group. It's where I found a lot of my lifting friends (although I'm not very active in the group anymore).
  • Giddyduck
    Giddyduck Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I lift because I don't want to look like Barbie. I want to look like Super Woman. I saw this on FB this weekend and it is so true (for me). My inspiration is another member at the gym who took the time to teach me how to use good technique. She has muscles and looks amazing. She showed me that strong is better than skinny. My body is changing finally after lifting.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I enjoy lifting because it's fun and I like challenging myself. Also because I want all the muscles ;)
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    because there is magic in the iron.

+1 cardio in the gym doesn't do it for me. Lifting can always cheer me up after a tough day and make a good day even better
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Cause I want to look good naked.
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I lift because I love feeling strong, cardio isn't my fave, and I love how you can see your success every time you rack those weights :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    yes also bc i hate cardio
  • morgiee_lynne
    morgiee_lynne Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I lift because I want to become shredded and also compete one day! Lifting heavy and hitting new PR's really makes me happy.

My inspiration is Nicole Wilkins, she won the Figure Olympia 4 times and is such a huge role model for me!
  • HardkoreGam3r
    HardkoreGam3r Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's great to see so many different ways everyone is inspired. I would love if you added me. I want to help motivate and be motivated by your fitness journey! :D