Healthy Snacks

Options
Do any of you have any suggestions on healthy snacks?

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Nuts. Raw veggies dipped in hummus. Yogurt. Oatmeal. Hard boiled egg. Small caprese salad. Nut butter on celery.
  • karenkasbi
    karenkasbi Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    my snacks are greek yogurt, baby carrots, pecans, almonds, blackberries, if I'm too hungry a protein/granola bar, apple, pear.
    Jello and custard are also good idea if you have the time to prepare it or rice pudding.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerrys
  • DojoMaster888
    DojoMaster888 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Ben and Jerrys

Cannabilism is frowned on where I live.
  • LeadFromTheFront
    LeadFromTheFront Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Those all sound good
  • klassyketta
    klassyketta Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerrys
    what is Ben and Jerry?

• SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    Ben and Jerrys
    what is Ben and Jerry?

Passably good ice cream.
  • klassyketta
    Options
    Nuts. Raw veggies dipped in hummus. Yogurt. Oatmeal. Hard boiled egg. Small caprese salad. Nut butter on celery.
    Thanks for sharing. how many hard boiled eggs 1 or 2?

• klassyketta
    Options
    karenkasbi wrote: »
    my snacks are greek yogurt, baby carrots, pecans, almonds, blackberries, if I'm too hungry a protein/granola bar, apple, pear.
    Jello and custard are also good idea if you have the time to prepare it or rice pudding.

Thanks soooo much for sharing.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    Depends on how hungry you are. They're around 60-70 calories each (depending on size). I sprinkle with a little salt, or if I have time, I scoop out the yolk and mix with a tiny bit of greek yogurt and honey mustard, and scoop it back in. Then it's like a quickie deviled egg.
  • klassyketta
    Options
    Depends on how hungry you are. They're around 60-70 calories each (depending on size). I sprinkle with a little salt, or if I have time, I scoop out the yolk and mix with a tiny bit of greek yogurt and honey mustard, and scoop it back in. Then it's like a quickie deviled egg.

sounds yummy I have to fix my taste buds to the greek yogurt cause I tried it once an didn't like it.
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, cheese sticks, almonds, beef jerky, eggs, tuna. The list goes on. Look at my food log for some ideas.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Greek yogurt is better as a sour cream substitute than a yogurt imo. I can't stand it as yogurt, but in tacos and potatoes I barely notice the difference.

I love roasted veggies as a snack; toss 'em with a bit of pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil, wrap 'em in tinfoil, toss em in the oven, come back in 20 minutes and enjoy.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerrys
    what is Ben and Jerry?
    220.jpg
  • klassyketta
    Options
    BillRicks1 wrote: »
    Peanut butter, cheese sticks, almonds, beef jerky, eggs, tuna. The list goes on. Look at my food log for some ideas.

awesome thanks for your list.
  • klassyketta
    Options
    bulbadoof wrote: »
    Greek yogurt is better as a sour cream substitute than a yogurt imo. I can't stand it as yogurt, but in tacos and potatoes I barely notice the difference.

I love roasted veggies as a snack; toss 'em with a bit of pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil, wrap 'em in tinfoil, toss em in the oven, come back in 20 minutes and enjoy.

I defiantly have to try that. yummyyyy thanks for sharing
  • klassyketta
    Options
    Ben and Jerrys
    what is Ben and Jerry?
    220.jpg

isn't that unhealthy
  • SnuggleSmacks
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Ben and Jerrys
    what is Ben and Jerry?
    220.jpg

isn't that unhealthy

Few foods are "unhealthy." Even sugar has it's place. But ice cream often has a good bit of protein and Vitamin D and calcium. Just watch your portions.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

Ben and Jerrys
    what is Ben and Jerry?
    220.jpg

isn't that unhealthy

It is all in the portion control.

This week, one of my snacks is pumpkin pie. One slice at a time, worked into my plan.

I also like:
    popcorn and cheese
    popcorn and V8
    laughing cow wedges and celery
    cheese and V8
    apples and PB
    and FAGE greek yogurt with fruit, but it doesn't sound like that one is going to work for you

• klassyketta
    Options
    Ben and Jerrys
    what is Ben and Jerry?
    220.jpg

isn't that unhealthy

Few foods are "unhealthy." Even sugar has it's place. But ice cream often has a good bit of protein and Vitamin D and calcium. Just watch your portions.

along with 500 grams of fat. lol
    but I agree.