Need a running ap - which one do you like?

Options
I'm in the middle of C25K but since I've been just using my watch to time myself for the walking and running, I really have no idea how far I'm running, at what pace, etc. I've seen people post this kind of information about their runs and I'm assuming they're using a phone ap? (If you can't tell, I am definitely phone-ignorant). My husband surprised me last night with an iPhone and I want to add an ap to use while running. I don't want the C25K ap - I'm good with using my watch for timing.

So what do you use to keep track of your runs?

Replies

• andyloosbrock
    andyloosbrock Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    There is a C25k app, I believe. Not sure what features it all has.

I know I use MY TRACKS for my outdoor walks.
  • travelsoul88
    Options
    runkeeper App its great :)
  • aarseneau
    aarseneau Posts: 13
    Options
    I use Runmeter on my iPhone and like it.
  • travelsoul88
    Options
    oh and I use Speedview app for my pace - :)
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I use CardioTrainer, I also have RunKeeper but haven't really fooled around with it much. I know for android they both have free versions you can try, not sure if they have them for the iphone.
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Cardio trainer the free version
  • funsover
    funsover Posts: 39
    Options
    I downloaded the C25K app on my iPhone and it's good for telling you when to start/stop as well as the plan for the run, however, I found it wasn't very inspirational so I listen to the NHS (National Health Service) podcast while on my treadmill. The speaker talks to you like a trainer and gives you motivation while you are running. I have found it very helpful. The website to download is nhs.uk. Each different run has it's own podcast.
  • bubbaduts
    bubbaduts Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    endomondo is great :)
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I use the running log which doesn't have gsp because I run on a treadmill and don't need it.
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I use run for android... i can post directly from the app to dailymile with it...and facebook and twitter... if I want.
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    I had no idea there were so many different ones :laugh:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    On the iphone the best app is the Nike+GPS one.
  • VOLume5973
    Options
    I use My Tracks on my Android, but that Cardio Trainer and C25K sound neat.
  • Jtraveler
    Jtraveler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use the mapmyrun.com app. It's pretty good. There's a park where I go for my C25k runs and only part of the trail appears on the official map, but it still tracks where I run (distance), my average pace (so far I haven't found anything that differentiates between the pace of the walks and the pace of the runs, but you could pretty easily figure that out yourself using your watch once you knew the distances), and the change in incline of the terrain. It'll also save your routes if you want and you can look up other publicly save routes in your area.
  • fosterks
    fosterks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sprint GPS x
  • adnama36
    adnama36 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use Get Running for its C25k prompts and coaching, along with RunKeeper to log my distance and pace.
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I used runkeeper to track distance/pace, etc.

And with that when I did the C25K, there is an app to beep when you need to change from walk to running.

You can run them both at the same time.

I have tried numerous trackers and think Runkeeper works best and is most accurate.