Best NSV so far!!!!

Options
lajuice24
lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
Yesterday I was able to walk in Victoria's Secret and buy bras and panties. Until you have weighed over 300 pounds and not able to even look at the things there, you may not get it. I all but cried in the fitting room. What has been your best NSV so far?

Replies

• epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I remember that day all too well! It was a great feeling! Also, being able to buy clothes in the "regular" sized departments.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV!!! I was getting teary eyed just reading this. :)

I have had so many NSVs over my journey that I can't remember them all; however, my most recent NSV is being able to purchase a dress in a size 10. That use to be my goal size, but since I have about 22 more lbs. to lose, it's safe to assume that I won't be wearing a 10 for long. For now, I will celebrate it.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    It's nice to be able to buy off the rack. I was happy when I could buy several workout bras in a big-box store for under $10 each. They're just going to be abused for a few months, not putting my nice ones through that.

But for better quality undies, go to Allure:
    http://www.allurefits.com/
    Yes, they cost a bit more, but their quality is the best, and their staff actually know what they're doing.
    PLUS... they carry large sizes, both band & cup, so you wouldn't have to wait to get nice, pretty, supportive things.
    If you don't have one near you, they do sell online, as long as you know your measurements.

I think my most recent NSV is that I've increased my cardio workout to 90 min of doing hills on the treadmill (setting 11 or 12 of 20), and I'm not at all worried that I can't do it. Also, I don't really start sweating until 20 min in. (So maybe I should increase the pace or difficulty.) Today I increased the speed by 0.1 mph.

Oh, and I take my measurements every 2 weeks, and compared to 2 weeks ago I've shrunk. :smiley: That's about when I started doing the 90 minutes of cardio, so apparently it's working for more than the scale.

51637601.png
  • zombie_meg
    zombie_meg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm not too far into my journey but I look forward to being back in VS. I'm also looking forward to wrapping a normal sized towel around my body. Lol.
  • Rosie5151
    Rosie5151 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That is a great NSV! Congrats! Can't wait to do that! I think I've said this before but crossing my legs for the first time! OMG.. I felt like a real women. I cross them everywhere now!!! The other one wrapping the towel around me for the first time! I ran out of the bathroom and had to show my husband who thought I was NUTS! lol
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The towel was a big one for me - and Victoria Secret has such pretty things, it was nice to be able to wear them again. :wink: Congrats!
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful NSV. My latest NSV was walking 5 miles. I wanted to quit after 4 miles, but I pushed through it.
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV. I went shopping Saturday for some new clothes and as I was walking by Victoria Secret in the mall I paused outside the door wondering if I could fit into anything there yet but didn't have the courage to go in. I have never been small enough to fit into anything they have but hopefully it won't be too long before I can cross that threshhold.
  • rubbersoul84
    rubbersoul84 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV was walking into the Gap and being able to buy 28 waist (equal to a size 6) skinny legged jeans. Having been a size busting-out-of-a-14 last winter, that was a major victory. Bonus...they were on clearance for $17.50!

Congrats on your NSV!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Not my best, but my most recent...

This is sort of bittersweet, but I went shopping for jeans this past weekend and found out I'm in between a 2 and a 4 at American Eagle and between a 3 and a 5 at a few other stores. Bitter because neither size fits like it should; sweet because I used to be between a 6 and an 8.

I left the mall empty handed, so it might be more bitter than sweet. :/
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! My current NSV is that I pretty much own NO clothes that fit, because everything is now too big!! Six months ago I was in a similar situation, nothing fit because everything was tight...so I am pretty happy with this NSV!
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    The towel and crossing my legs was HUGE!!! I still shake my head when I do either one.
  • bstoudt369
    bstoudt369 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I was in Walmart this weekend and I found a pair of size 10 jeans for $3 and M (8-10) workout pants for $7 on the clearance rack. I started a tight 16 and am currently wearing a 12. I took both into the fitting room and they both fit!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Went through part of my closet last night, and found several pairs of jeans that now fit. Some are a little tight, but workable, and will be fine over the winter.
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    lajuice24 wrote: »
    Yesterday I was able to walk in Victoria's Secret and buy bras and panties. Until you have weighed over 300 pounds and not able to even look at the things there, you may not get it. I all but cried in the fitting room. What has been your best NSV so far?

Congratulations!! This is one of my goals and I CAN'T WAIT to reach it. I'm so excited for you because I can just imagine the feeling. You earned it, amazing job! :awesome:
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is awesome! I think even at my goal weight I'll be too big in the cup for anything there though, lol.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    lajuice24 wrote: »

When I put on a cute new outfit and my husband had to do a double take! When you have been with the same man for 18 years its not often you can catch him by suprise! :) Also and realizing I could walk down stairs like a normal person instead of sidestepping because you cant see past your HUGE stomach!
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    congrats! awesome!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options

I think my most recent NSV is that I've increased my cardio workout to 90 min of doing hills on the treadmill (setting 11 or 12 of 20), and I'm not at all worried that I can't do it. Also, I don't really start sweating until 20 min in. (So maybe I should increase the pace or difficulty.) Today I increased the speed by 0.1 mph.

Oh, and I take my measurements every 2 weeks, and compared to 2 weeks ago I've shrunk. :smiley: That's about when I started doing the 90 minutes of cardio, so apparently it's working for more than the scale.

51637601.png[/quote]

I don't want to derail the thread because these are all GREAT NSVs! Just wanted to comment on your 90 min. cardio sessions. I did that, too, a couple years ago. Felt great! I felt so accomplished and was sleeping better due to all that physical activity, however, I started to worry that I'd NEED 90 min. cardio sessions to maintain my weight and even though my kids are grown and out on their own, that's still a LOT of time taken out of each day. Plus, I didn't want to risk an overuse injury (knee, ankle, etc.). Also, I knew that I was going to be going for 90 min. so I think I subconsciously paced myself much too slow at the beginning of each workout, like you mentioned.

So, I revamped everything: went low carb (not saying you should), started lifting heavy and switched to 30 min. HIIT cardio sessions. Wow - what a difference! I reshaped my body and gained so much more time in my day!

Again, I'm not knocking your new goal - it's great to achieve a new level of fitness. Just wanted to share my experience so that once you reach your 90 min. goal you don't feel like now you HAVE to rely on those sessions forever. Depending on how many sessions you do per week it's not really sustainable long term. Glad you are seeing all the great results, though!
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is great! My most recent is fitting comfortably in a size 36 dress that was sitting in my closet for months waiting for me to lose weight. That's a US size 4!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!