Has anyone on here tried phentermine as a weight loss aid or

Options
13»

Replies

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I thought this was banned by the FDA? Phin phen?

Phen phen was 2 different drugs combined. Together, they had horrible side effects such as death. Phen phen combined is no longer available, but Phentermine singly is :)

• lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I took it to help lose 85lbs of pregnancy weight. Helped me lose about 40lbs or so fairly quickly. COMPLETELY takes away your cravings. Often you aren't hungry and need to schedule your meal times to make sure you're still eating. I think its a good kick-start if you're trying to drop a good amount of weight, but I wouldn't take it if you're within 20lbs of your goal so you don't lose muscle mass.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    bmeggers wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about phentermine?
    It a magic weight loss pill that stifles appetite. Once you lose the weight, it usually piles right back on.
    SUGGESTION: Forget phentermine, and just follow the MFP recommendations for steady and lasting results.
    Eat clean, log all your foods and set your calorie intake to lose 1 pound per week.
    Exercise both cardio and strength, and eat back your exercise calories.
    It's simple, effective and lasting.
    Whatever you decide... Good Luck!
    <3
  • RashaePree
    RashaePree Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm Currently taking it now as well as cutting my calories down to between 1200-1500 daily and exercising at least 3 times a week for 45min- 1 hour....I'll keep anyone interested posted on my weight loss.
  • Juju1970
    Juju1970 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Some of these responses are just silly. It's not like your body senses you are off the med and pulls calories from the ethos to smack on your butt. You gain weight because you put food in your mouth. I have lost 130 pounds. I have 70 left. Like many people, I have had to take a break for product efficacy. I eat exactly the same on those weeks, the difference is I am white knuckling it and thinking about food all the time. Phentermine gives me a break from my addictive behavior around food and let's me have a little respite from the cravings while I work on my mental attitude and learn to make better choices. Nothing will work if you don't work.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    i don't *kitten* with weight loss pills. it's not safe.
  • Juju1970
    Juju1970 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    shexy16 wrote: »
    My old boss used phentermine, and as a result she has a permanent heart condition that she has to take medication for the rest of her life. NOt worth it.

There are zero reported cases of phentermine causing any heart irregularities when used as prescribed. Your employer was likely taking it in combination with another drug. You have a 60% greater chance of dying from a heart attack if you are obese. I like my odds.