Hello im finallay getting round to posting!

Options
:happy: Hi there,

thought i would finally get round to introducing myself....its only took me a few weeks! :embarassed: ha ha.

Well i made the decesion in Jan this year to get a grip and take some control over my weight and fitness. Following a big op i put on alot of weight and it was beginning to get me down. I had no energy, i felt low and everything was an effort.

I was shocked when i weighed myself at a slimming club to find out that i weighed 13st 13lb and at 5ft 7 that made me very overweight! :frown:

I went to my slimming club religiously every week and followed the plan but i was seeing very little results. So i decided to start doing Zumba twice a week which i love. I then found this site and it was like heaven to me! Lots of people just like me trying to achieve what i want to achieve and also lots of experienced nutrition and fitness people kindly giving their help. I ditched the slimming club and embarked on the MyFitnessPal regime and i havent looked back since! :smile:

I am still doing Zumba, but i now also go to the gym and combine cardio with strength training and i am beginning to see results! Yay!

Sadly i did not take my measurements or a before photo :frown: but i am def noticing a difference in my shape and my current clothes are to big! :happy: I weighed myself today and i am 12st exactly thats 27lbs gone so far. My target is to be around 11st or maybe a bit less, i will see as i get closer.

Anyway, sorry if i waffled on, i have a tendency to do that once i get started, ha ha.

If anybody would like to add me as their friend that would be fab.

Replies

• MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome.. this a fabulous site and the people here are soo helpful and motivating.. anyone feel feel free to add me .... Im sending you an add :)
  • southernstrix
    Options
    Welcome! I think you'll find this to be a very helpful community. I've only been on here for a week, but I love it. Keep going strong and know we're here to help.
  • jac1976
    jac1976 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi and welcome.. this a fabulous site and the people here are soo helpful and motivating.. anyone feel feel free to add me .... Im sending you an add :)

Awww thanks! :smile:

xxx
  • jac1976
    Options
    Welcome! I think you'll find this to be a very helpful community. I've only been on here for a week, but I love it. Keep going strong and know we're here to help.

Thank you :happy:

xxx
  • happy_summer
    Options
    Wow that's an amazing loss so far!!! Very motivating to me, I only just found this community today. Feel free to add me as a friend, hopefully some of your success will rub off :) xx
  • jac1976
    Options
    Wow that's an amazing loss so far!!! Very motivating to me, I only just found this community today. Feel free to add me as a friend, hopefully some of your success will rub off :) xx

Awwww thank you thats very kind of you to say. Yes this site is very motivational it just proves what we can achieve when we are determined and supported. I still have a way to go and i am more worried about maintaining my health and fitness for life as i have lost weight before only to gradually put it back on, i so dont what that to ever happen again.

I have added you to my friends list :happy:

xxx