New here, have a few questions.

Options
Hello, My name is Marc (Obviously) Im 18 years old 5'9 and 167 LBS I'm not quite overweight but i'm bordering it. I have bad eating habits and my metabolism isn't going to carry me though the rest of my life. I just decided that i want to lose a little weight, live a better life (And longer life) well taking care of my body, i'm almost addicted to MTN dew and i'm surrounded by family that is overweight and there is constantly junk food around me. The few questions i was having putting in what i ate and drink for the day, and i could NOT figure out how to add in a exercise, i could put it in but it wouldn't added it to the calories i had for the day, thank you in advance, Marc.

Replies

0067808 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi Marc - now, I'm no expert on this site, but try clicking on 'Exercise Diary' - you then input whatever it was that you did and it'll add the appropriate number of calories to your daily allowance. Took me a while to figure it out too.........
  • I tried that. In the picture below it shows that its in there. It just won't show up on the on my profile. uy6jgt8phezg.png
    0067808 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Right, took me a few mins to go in and have a bash myself. I only do cardiovascular - and when I 'add exercise' it increases my calorie allowance for the day. You seem to have a goal set up for cardiovascular but the exercise you've actually completed is 'strength training'. Being a laydee I don't do strength training - but you're right, when you 'add exercise' for strength training it doesn't increase your calorie allowance for the day. Who knew?!!! I can't tell you why but i'm assuming its something to do with the difference between cardio work and strength work. Have a go at adding something fictitious under cardio and you'll see what I mean - bet your calorie allowance for the day will increase. It'll tell you somewhere in the site - perhaps click on 'help' above if you don't get a reply from a member who does strength training regularly. Good luck - keep it up, great to see you taking control at 18.
  • Lorri229
    Lorri229 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    it wont show up on mine either. it only shows when I do cardio, and I have no idea why.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    ​Log individual sets of strength training exercises in the Strength Training list - it will not account for calories burned.

When completed, go to Cardiovascular and search for "Strength Training (weight lifting, weight training)" entry.

Enter the approximate total minutes, take a look at how many calories it suggested for that many minutes (for me, 60 minutes = 187 Cals per MFP), then adjust the number of minutes to get the number of Calories you want it to record. If I train for 60 minutes, I will enter only 30 minutes of Cardiovascular "Strength Training" so it doesn't overestimate the number of calories burned.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    That's not the right section. Find the "add exercise" button.