Went 1000 calories over my budget... WOW!

Options
I'm just recovering a binge... I been eating clean and all for the last week... after gaining fat back.

Tonight I relapsed lol... and I am so frustrated. I had a Glazed do nut from Dunkin Donuts and a apple pie from McDonalds.

Tomorrow I'm back on track... will this make me gain weight?

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I look at it this way:

First, it takes 3500 extra calories to gain a pound. That doesn't mean above your goal, that means above your maintenance calories.

Second, your daily goal is probably set to around 500 calories under maintenance...you eat at a deficit, right? So if you eat 1000 extra calories today, then you've essentially just wiped out a 500 calorie deficit for today and yesterday. So...you'll get to your goal two days later. If your deficit is 250, then you'll get to your goal four days later.

It helps to keep it all in perspective. If I really just have to have something, I do. I make sure that it's something I love, and I savor every bite. It's not a race, and it will be much easier to get there if you stay sane. Personally, the occasional splurge is part of keeping my sanity.
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support. ankdworak
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    This is not a binge per se.

You overate.
  • JonahUsin12
    Options
    I look at it this way:

First, it takes 3500 extra calories to gain a pound. That doesn't mean above your goal, that means above your maintenance calories.

Second, your daily goal is probably set to around 500 calories under maintenance...you eat at a deficit, right? So if you eat 1000 extra calories today, then you've essentially just wiped out a 500 calorie deficit for today and yesterday. So...you'll get to your goal two days later. If your deficit is 250, then you'll get to your goal four days later.

It helps to keep it all in perspective. If I really just have to have something, I do. I make sure that it's something I love, and I savor every bite. It's not a race, and it will be much easier to get there if you stay sane. Personally, the occasional splurge is part of keeping my sanity.

Thanks for the input...
  • JonahUsin12
    Options
    ankdworak wrote: »
    Feel free to add me for support. ankdworak

Thank you I will do.
  • JonahUsin12
    Options
    This is not a binge per se.

You overate.

Yeah that sounds more like it...
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    As long as your weekly calorie totals come in under your goal, you'll keep losing weight. A day here or there isn't going to derail you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm just recovering a binge... I been eating clean and all for the last week... after gaining fat back.

Tonight I relapsed lol... and I am so frustrated. I had a Glazed do nut from Dunkin Donuts and a apple pie from McDonalds.

One doughnut and an apple pie isn't a binge... It's just over eating...
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    That's not a binge. I'll happily go 2,000 calories over.

You won't die.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Don't look at it from a short-term perspective. If you've been eating "clean" for the past week, and creating a calorie deficit, then just know that a single apple pie and doughnut are unlikely to offset that deficit at all. Don't worry about it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    1000 calories is not a binge, you just ate extra today. Log it and move on.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options

What? Getting back on track?