Anyone Carb Cycling?

Options
Hey DMers :)

I just read Chris Powell's book about the carb cycling program and it makes so much sense to me! I'd love to give it a try. :) Anyone doing this program? If so, do you like it? Do you find it easy to follow? How about the results? I would love to get your feedback! :smile:

TIA!

Replies

• Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I haven't read Powells book, but I'm sort of carb cycling. I'm currently on HFLC with carbs timed around workouts. I feel better than ever, health improved and athletic performance all time highs.

I think that with any program or diet you need to listen to your body and tweak accordingly for a longer perspective.

Good luck :)
  • Eliaheart
    Eliaheart Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Foamroller! :)
  • Lorri229
    Lorri229 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started last week & have lost 3 pounds exactly. I am using the MFP with the carb cycling, & Im so excited. this is the first time I lost that much weight in a short timem without feeling hungry. good luck :)
  • Eliaheart
    Eliaheart Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's great, Lorri!! :)
  • Giggles40
    Giggles40 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Eliaheart, I have his new book, Chose More Lose More for life. I'm starting this week. :-) There's a Chris Powell group that I joined on here but it's not very busy.
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have not read the book, but I've used carb cycling before and it worked really well. I was able to cut my bodyfat very well with this approach. I think I browsed through his book at B&N and it calls for approximately the same calories per day, just varying the carbs, right? When I did it was more of a calorie cycling, using carbs to change my calorie intake for the day.
    It can be very effective for some people. Good luck!
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I had a good experience with carb cycling last year. It was a bit of a challenge to get used to, figuring out my macros for each day of the week. Once I got used to it, I really enjoyed the results.

Give it a shot. It's a great way to get some variety in.
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    can someone explain carb cycling in a nutshell for me, please :) ?
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    can someone explain carb cycling in a nutshell for me, please :) ?

I used to do:

Monday and Tuesday: Low Carbs
    Wednesday: Medium Carbs
    Thursday and Friday: Low Carbs
    Saturday: High Carbs
    Sunday: Medium Carbs

I would actually keep my calories consistent throughout the week.

There's so many variations, and finding what works best with you is the key.