Best tips for losing the last 5 kilos?

Options
What are your best tips for losing the last 5 kilos?

I'm finding this the absolute hardest part of my weight loss journey. My body is used to calorie restriction now, my metabolism has regulated and everything that worked for losing weight before isn't working now! Lowering my calories and upping my exercise simply isn't cutting it. I'm slowly building muscle from increased exercise, but the scales and tape measure won't budge!

I'm sure there's others out there going through/have gone through the same thing. Any tips?

Replies

• Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/737101/relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner

Hello fellow Aussie...this is a great link and read! Best trainer on MFP. If you can't get it send me PM!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    @_SKIM: Ty for the great thread link!
    I skimmed through it, pun intended.
    Agree with the old post that stressing a lot over unnecessary things is probably a very underrated factor in weight loss. Sometimes can't help it due to modern lifestyle, but small things like always running late is something I've improved and feel much better all over.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    What are your best tips for losing the last 5 kilos?

I'm finding this the absolute hardest part of my weight loss journey. My body is used to calorie restriction now, my metabolism has regulated and everything that worked for losing weight before isn't working now! Lowering my calories and upping my exercise simply isn't cutting it. I'm slowly building muscle from increased exercise, but the scales and tape measure won't budge!

I'm sure there's others out there going through/have gone through the same thing. Any tips?

Amen sister--same problem. If you resolve it, let me know. :'(
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Foamroller wrote: »
    @_SKIM: Ty for the great thread link!
    I skimmed through it, pun intended.
    Agree with the old post that stressing a lot over unnecessary things is probably a very underrated factor in weight loss. Sometimes can't help it due to modern lifestyle, but small things like always running late is something I've improved and feel much better all over.

As Stroutman would say "you're welcome".
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    It takes a while!, aim to maintain or drop 1/2 lb at most and take it easy..
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    The body doesn't learn to operate without using fat any more than a car learns not to use gas. As you get thinner, the calories burned throughout the day and in exercising decreases because you aren't pushing so much excess weight around, but it still takes energy and if you don't provide it with that energy through the food you eat, it will pull that energy from its own stores. If you aren't losing weight, then you are probably overestimating the number of calories burned.
  • hannah_d1989
    hannah_d1989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight.

I am sure the OP was hoping for more than that!!

I am in the same boat, about 5 kg. I am trying to mix things up to "confuse" my body. I have started interval training, and generally pushing myself a bit more. And will re assess in about a months time. Other than that, the only other different thing I am doing is drinking heeeaps more water! Got my diet in check of course.

It will always be that much more difficult to lose the last 5kg! I wish you the best of luck! :)

• galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Im on last 10lb-14lb and whilst its slower im continuing what I did to lose the rest of the weight
  • TropicalParaMonster
    Options
    At the risk of being totally bombarded with hate for suggesting it. Have you thought about a reboot juice cleanse? I'm not talking anything drastic. Maybe 3-7 days of juicing. It's helped me budge the scale when it wasn't moving and i never gained that weight back, the scale only kept going down.

Best of luck! :)
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I am losing my last 10 lbs (pretty much the same as 5 kg) and I feel your pain... It's been VERY slow. I am building muscles and endurance, can run for an hour now, eat at a deficit and lost only 2-3 lbs over the last month. Before I'd lose as much in a week :)
    Just be patient and track everything. One more thing I've heard (but did not try myself) is to change physical activity or change eating pattern (one large meal instead of six small ones or vice versa)... Good luck to you and let us know how it goes!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    1) Logging accuracy: Lower BF% + smaller deficit=less margin for error.
    2) zig-zag: Go 200-300 kcal over one day and under by the same amount the next.
    Not a fan of juicing or cleanses, here, FWIW. Just slow and steady.