SUGAR IN FRUIT

Options
Do you limit the amount of fruit you eat because of the sugar content. If I eat 2 apples i go over my sugar allowance. Does this matter?

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    i try and have 1 apple and maybe some strawberries, berries r a lot lower in sugar:smile:
  • rjgazray
    rjgazray Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I personally don't really pay attention to the fruits in sugar because it's natural sugars, not the unhealthy kind of sugar. There's a huge difference between eating a piece of fruit and eating a spoonful of granulated sugar.
  • monpainter
    monpainter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES! And it's so true! The natural sugars and enzymes help to break down toxins in the body... fruit grows naturally...eat it and enjoy!
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Bulletproof_Helen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Today I had a cup of raspberries, a cup of blueberries and an apple. Fruit is good for you and it's a sweet treat for when you need that energy boost. :smile: Enjoy!
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ahaha i know just wat u mean. 6 oz of oj has 60 percent of my dv for sugar
  • SabineH05
    SabineH05 Posts: 15
    Options
    Definitely make sure you eat fruit. I am a student of health education/promotion and learned in our classes that by consumption of at least two pieces of fruit (like 200 gr of fruit) per day your risk for cancer and cardiovascular diseases can be reduced by 30 %!
    There are low sugar options too, when it comes to fruit: All kinds of berries, green apples, grapefruit, cherries,....