Onederland! Never thought I'd see it again.

Options
I woke up in Onederland this morning! I'd hoped there'd be a band and a parade and crowds cheering (there wasn't), but I sure am happy even without the cheering.

It's been 15 years since I last had a "1" starting my weight. Even then, I wasn't in the 100's for long. It's been 20 years since I've spent a significant amount of time under 200.

I don't post here much, but have drawn much inspiration and benefited from the good advice on these forums. :)

fi3efv6viujl.jpg
(Proof. and yes, I need a new pedicure!)

Susan

Replies

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Congraultions!!!!!I didnt bring a parade or a band, but I am cheering for you!
  • watchursize
    watchursize Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I cant wait for this to be me:) (*)
  • GibbsGirl13072
    GibbsGirl13072 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Congratulations!!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • kasaz
    kasaz Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, what a onederful feeling!
  • ElizabethMaryam
    ElizabethMaryam Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That's such a fantastic feeling!!! I've been where you are - you must be walking on clouds!!! Great job!!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Onelander! Hope you never leave.
  • IndigoSue13
    IndigoSue13 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks, y'all! It's really a great feeling to have reached this milestone. 55 more pounds to go to reach my goal, and I know I can do it!!!

A couple months before I re-started on MFP, I was pretty much resigned that I would just be fat for the rest of my life, and was trying to make my peace with it. I'm thankful I didn't give up. I'm so glad I decided to change my attitude, live a "no excuses" life, and kept trying.

Next milestone is to move from "obese" to "overweight" -- it's not far away. Then to reach my halfway point, and hopefully buy clothes in a regular size store! I also want to run a 5K, which I've been slowly working toward. I've found it is so helpful to have goals. It keeps me moving forward.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Grats! =D I'm glad you didn't give up, either. :o
  • mlyn627
    mlyn627 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is an awesome milestone! I am so happy for you and can't wait to be in onederland too!
  • zombie_meg
    zombie_meg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Thanks, y'all! It's really a great feeling to have reached this milestone. 55 more pounds to go to reach my goal, and I know I can do it!!!

A couple months before I re-started on MFP, I was pretty much resigned that I would just be fat for the rest of my life, and was trying to make my peace with it. I'm thankful I didn't give up. I'm so glad I decided to change my attitude, live a "no excuses" life, and kept trying.

Next milestone is to move from "obese" to "overweight" -- it's not far away. Then to reach my halfway point, and hopefully buy clothes in a regular size store! I also want to run a 5K, which I've been slowly working toward. I've found it is so helpful to have goals. It keeps me moving forward.

That is so awesome. I'll never hit Onederland, but I have managed to lose 153 lbs. with about 15-20 to go to my goal - but when you said "I was pretty much resigned that I would just be fat for the rest of my life, and was trying to make my peace with it." It was like a page from my book.

MFP is the only thing that has worked for me. It has only been a month or so, since I returned to some reg. store clothes buying. Once I hit goal - watch out!

Again, congrats! You obviously will make it...no sweat...ok - maybe a little..:)
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!!! It's an awesome feeling -- I remember it well. Congrats!!!
  • TheBlizz35
    TheBlizz35 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Just arrived in Onederland myself recently and am so excited (for both of us). :smile:
  • tam6van
    tam6van Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! (*) (*) (*) I know how ONEderful that feels! Keep up the great work.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Yay for youuuuuuu! high five!!!! I seriously feel like I will never get there. Ugh!

You must have been so happy!
  • sweet_brownsugr
    sweet_brownsugr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! I could only imagine how happy you were when you saw that number on the scale!! I'm happy for you! (And can hardly wait to join you!! Soon, my friend....very soon!) :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!