New to MFP after an injury

Options
Hello!

I've been on for about a month off and on, looking for support or suggestions to stay on track for good! Hoping to do a complete overhaul of my diet and slowly...very slowly add in exercise. I would love to be able to run eventually but baby steps :) I injured my back over the summer was in serious pain up until a few weeks ago. Now that I feel comfortable moving, I need some motivation to get started in the right direction. I never want to take my health for granted again!

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Was a doctor involved and have you been cleared for activity? Feel free to add me.
  • klolittles
    klolittles Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes! I was working with my doctor, a chiropractor, and my PT. They have cleared me for low impact cardio and strength training. No running yet. Thanks!
  • krumpli
    krumpli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Getting started again myself.
  • klolittles
    Options
    Awesome!
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hi, @Klolittles! Baby steps are a good way to begin. If you're looking for good, low impact cardio, may I suggest the elliptical? It's how I got started 16 months ago. Once I was in decent shape, I started doing high intensity interval training, and my weight loss and fitness really took off.
  • klolittles
    Options
    Thanks! I'm looking into buying one second hand.