this anger of mine!

Options
2»

Replies

• pattycakes80
    pattycakes80 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I crank up the Slipknot and scream at other traffic.

I call Comcast and yell at their call center reps. That really takes the edge off.

but they end up being so submissive. snuffs the fun out. i end up feeling guilty and adding showtime.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,578 Member
    Options
    i blame therapy.

i used to be very oblivious when it came to anger - i never really felt it, so i didn't believe it could be an option. turns out i wasn't feeling it because i was eating it all away. well, you start therapy, you start losing weight and guess what ??

i am one p*ssed off little cupcake.

but here is the issue: i STILL have no idea how to deal with it. i yell, i scream and hurl curse words into my throw pillows -- still, no major feeling of release. lately i have been eating mindlessly, something i really cut out. and this drives me mad, but i understand that is has to be something deeper that is triggering this behavior.

here is the deal - you are bullied for the majority of your life, you condition yourself to hate yourself because you have no real emotional insight when you are 9 years old and you spend the rest of the life trying to combat all the negativity that comes from that.

but i have that insight now - i am aware of what i am doing. could it be i miss being oblivious? look - i lost lots of weight, but i need to continue my journey to accomplish my goal. do i need to gain a stronger anger threshold? to sit with it, to explore it and to not chase it down with food?

this looks like a vent, but it is a call for anyone struggling with anger/emotional eating. or anyone feeling stuck.

happy monday.
    I have had certain clients with anger issues (usually execs who can't "go off" due to HR rules) and kickboxing (with gloves and bags) has done some good "release" for them as well as work on their fitness and conditioning at the same time.
    Hitting something is okay in a controlled setting. It does wonders.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I think I'm just going to see if I can hold it in long enough to completely snap. >:)
  • pattycakes80
    pattycakes80 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I think I'm just going to see if I can hold it in long enough to completely snap. >:)

not terrifying at all!

i absolutely want to get into boxing/kickboxing of some sort.