Need A Little Motivational Support?

Options
Hiya!
I'm new to actually using MFP so I'm not sure if this is how posting a message works or if this is the right place. Apologies if it isn't! I'm also aware that there are probably lots of messages like this, so sorry for being repetitive.

I started my weight loss at the end of summer - I ate right, exercised almost daily and lost 6 pounds in three weeks. Then school started, and it all went downhill. Although my main three meals of the day are still healthy, I tend to snack unhealthily in between. I'm an emotional eater and there's tons of emotion at home for me, so I tend to comfort eat a lot. As I do lots of things outside of school as well, I have difficulty finding time to exercise as I am home for such a short amount of time in the day and am too tired to do anything when I am!

I was really motivated over the summer, but now I feel like my willpower is at 0. I started September with such a bang - I was losing weight, being really organised and productive with school and just felt so much better. I've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety too which makes it tough to keep the motivation up once I start going downhill.

Could you please share what you do to keep your willpower up? Or any advice at all would be appreciated. I don't really have a support system here, so I was also wondering if I could find one online? I'm 16, but I don't really mind being friends with anyone older or younger.

Thanks so much! xx

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I workout anyway. I tell myself that I have integrity and when I give my word that I will do something, I follow through on it.
This discussion has been closed.