New Member Looking for Other Young-ish Moms with Young-ish C

Options
Andie122
Andie122 Posts: 36 Member
I'm new to MFP - this is my first week - but I've battled my weight for a long time and I'm just ready to really commit to diet and exercise and make a change! I want to feel and look my age, be a hot wife for my husband, and a good example to my little one.

I'm a young-ish Mom with an 11-month old baby, and I'm just returning to work. While I'd love to be friends with anyone, I think that other young-ish Moms with little ones, whether you work in or out of the house, probably share some of the same challenges I do.

I'm already loving MFP - I think this tracking is the "missing piece" that will bring a little reality to my quest for weight loss - and I pledge to be on here every day until I reach my goal (which will be a while... I've got 40 lbs to go). If you are committed, please friend request me and we can do this thing together!

Replies

• hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I like to think I'm still young :bigsmile:
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'M Nicole, 24 y/o wife and mom of 3. (5.5 y/o & 3 y/o boys, and an almost 19 mo old girl)

I also have almost 40 lbs to go as well. ;) The tracking has really shown me how much I was eating. (Who knew portion sizes were so small? LOL!)
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I'm not a young mom but I looooove your profile pic! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • BigMamaDiva
    Options
    Never look at it as "diet". This is a lifestyle change, and it also has to come from your mindset, not just how you physically eat. Just remember you can do this! You have a toddler, so anything is possible LOL I have a 2 1/2 yr old son, Im 29 yrs old and Im making a change too :-)
  • th1nkth1nmama
    Options
    Dont know how young you are looking for but I am a 28 yr old mom of 2 boys (12yrs and a toddler 21 months). I've struggled most of my teen and adult life with my weight issues. I recently made myself commit to a healthier life style and have lost 22lbs in 4 months. I have about another 50lbs to go
  • Andie122
    Options
    Hyper_Stitch, I hope you are, because we're nearly the same age!!
  • Andie122
    Options
    Hey Nicole! I don't know how you do it with three little ones. This site has really reinforced for me that the portion sizes / choices I was making were really out there. I used to be all "I don't know how I'm overweight... I eat healthy most of the time!" UM, after seeing how quickly 1200 calories go? Yup, now I know how I got these 40 lbs!
  • Andie122
    Options
    cwdanley... I think that's how I got here in the first place. MMMMMmmm, beer!
  • Andie122
    Options
    Hey BigMamaDiva,

You are so right - I like to think of this as a "diet" right now, because I'll certainly be able to eat a (very tiny) bit more when I reach my goal weight, but if I don't want to find myself here in a couple of years again, I have to be ready to stick with it.

We can do this!
  • Andie122
    Options
    th1nkth1nmama, you are doing amazing. And I am totally 29 (when did that happen), which I still think is young... right? Let's do this thing!
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 with a 2 1/2 year old and a 9 month old. I'm hoping to get in better shape so I can chase my little ones around and not feel like I need a nap afterwards. Good Luck on your journey to better health!
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am 31 with a 3 yr old and a 3 month old... I found MFP weeks before I got pregnant the last time...and now I am back... tracking is the key for me! Its working! Good luck meeting your goals! Add me as a friend and I will be sure to help you with motivation, and a kick in the butt, which ever is called for :)