In need of some support!

Options
I started out going super strong last Friday April 22. In one week I started C25K and walked/ran 15.2 miles in 6 days, everything I ate was super healthy and although I wasn't WAY below my calorie intake, I still managed to stay below by around 100-150 calories each day (after exercising obviously!) Even though I promised myself I wouldn't get on the scale for the first month (the same time that I would give until I took my first set of measurements), I couldn't help myself! My boyfriend told me that my stomach looked smaller, and my clothes were fitting just a little bit better after only 1 week!

So yesterday morning, here I was waking up to go potty and the scale was staring me directly in the face saying, "No one will know if you just take a peek!" There we go with that wonderful temptation! Needless to say, I jumped on the scale, looked down and noticed that I had gained 4lbs! My eyes welled up with tears like you couldn't even imagine! Can someone please explain to me how this is even possible because right now I feel lower than low! Help?

Replies

• lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Wow that can be disappointing. Did you recheck it. I am unsure how that could happen but feel free to add me if you want support in your journey! :smile:
  • betheliza02
    Options
    Hi Aliciabeth,

Don't panic! I'm not an expert but as I understand it there are loads of things that can affect your weight, such as water consumption and where you are in your cycle. I'm pretty sure that as your clothes are fitting better it is a sign that you are getting smaller and more toned. Stick with it- there are always anomalies.

Best of luck,

Elizabeth xx
  • Andie122
    Andie122 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey girl!

I can't say exactly why this happens - but just know that it happens to all of us... or at least me! Here are some things that (legit) can make a difference:

*Water Retention
    *Weather (seriously, barometric pressure is a b*)
    *Hormones
    *Type of food eaten in the last 24 hours (not to be crude, but some things digest more slowly than others, if you know what I mean)

If you look back over your week, especially at your food journal, you will be able to tell if you actually "earned" that gain or if it is a fluke. Exercise is great, but I have to say that in my experience it's what goes in the mouth that shows up on the scale.

Hang in there!
  • southernstrix
    Options
    This happens to me all the time!!! It's a horrible feeling. Back in the beginning of the year I was working out every day really hard for about an hour and eating REALLY healthy and I slimmed down so much but no matter what I did I couldn't lose pounds. It demotivated me so much that I really stopped all efforts. I'm so sorry you had such a bad weigh in, but I think it is because your body is toning and changing, the weight loss will come. Keep going strong and know we're all here for support. :)