Weight and sugar levels.

Options
minideema
minideema Posts: 30 Member
edited November 2014 in Introduce Yourself
Will I loose weight if I eat only so much that my sugar levels do not touch 180 without meds.

I have been at gym six months, with moderate success I eat less than 1600 calls five days a week. Yet very little loss.

Do my diabetic successful friends have any thing to say?

Replies

• minideema
    Options
    I am saying 180 and not 140. Since it's too much squeeze.
  • mrsjenndaniel
    mrsjenndaniel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Type 1 or type 2? I've experienced quite a bit of weight loss by significantly cutting sugar/carbs with the exception of fruits/veggies (more veggies than fruit!). High fiber also.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Are you just measuring sugar, or overall calorie intake? The calories have to be accurately measured too, and the carbs. I was pre diabetic before I lost the extra weight and the doctor told me I was to eat mainly lean proteins and nonstarchy vegetables, go very light on carbs and absolutely minimal on sugar, until I had normal blood sugar once again.
  • minideema
    Options
    Type 1 or type 2? I've experienced quite a bit of weight loss by significantly cutting sugar/carbs with the exception of fruits/veggies (more veggies than fruit!). High fiber also.

I am type 2. My sugars are almost less than ten grams. But carbs give bad spikes, so I also limited. Four tsp of rice will spike me by 40 points. :neutral_face:
  • minideema
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Are you just measuring sugar, or overall calorie intake? The calories have to be accurately measured too, and the carbs. I was pre diabetic before I lost the extra weight and the doctor told me I was to eat mainly lean proteins and nonstarchy vegetables, go very light on carbs and absolutely minimal on sugar, until I had normal blood sugar once again.

I am measuring sugar levels only. Carbs give me big spikes. I indulge in carbs only if I have a activity planned, like taking baby out for a walk or a glass of juice before I hit the gym. Activity brings in good control on spikes.