Need help with picking a HRM

Options
Okay, so I have aHRM watch but really want one that I don't have to keep touching to see my HR and calories burned. I want one with a chest strap and can't really afford an expensive one.
Looking on Bestbuy.com and found this one: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sportline+-+1075+M.E.T.A+Digital+Heart+Rate+Monitor+and+MP3+Player+-+Black/9522439.p?id=1218118267364&skuId=9522439&st=heart rate moniter withchest strap&cp=2&lp=8

The have a bunch of Polar watches, but do they come with chest straps? Does anyone here have one that looks like a watch?

Other concern is that my girls are on the big side, so will that affect one that needs to be strapped on?
Any suggestions you have will be apperciated!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• selfdiscipline73
    selfdiscipline73 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I recently upgraded to a chest strap/watch monitor. It is a Garmin FR60. I had a watch only HRM and hated it. I love this one. I got it at Heartratemonitorusa.com and it was $102 plus I upgraded to a soft chest strap for $22 and got free shipping. It also comes with free downloadable software and a usb stick that will allow you to upload your workout info to your computer and keep a log of it. Awsome!

Good luck with your search!
  • TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I would definitely recommend a polar one. They do have them that look like watches and have chest straps. I had a timex for awhile, and the calories burned were way higher than what I had been getting off of my old Polar. They have them at amazon. Good luck
  • Orska
    Orska Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and love it. It comes with a soft chest strap, which is also great. The FT7 keeps a training log for I believe 90 days, total calories burned, how long you were working out in the fat burning zone vs. aerobic zone. My friends have the FT4 and the only thing I believe it doesn't have is the calories in the fat burning zone vs. aerobic zone. The awesome thing is that it works with all the machines at the gym, so I don't have to keep looking at my wrist to see my heart rate, I just look at the machine.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F4 and the FT7, both are great, both come with chest straps.
    Very wise decision you've made, the ones without the chest strap are pretty much useless for calories. They're only good for checking your heart rate, but the calories can be horrifically wrong.
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    I have a Timex with the chest strap. I have been happy with the watch. I don't even notice the chest strap during workouts.
    Got it on Amazon. It's a step up from the base model. I think I paid around $70.00.
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar ft4.
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I love my Timex!
  • drdrake007
    Options
    I picked up the Polar FS1 and it includes chest strap. The cost was about $39.00 from Amazon. I think for my needs it serves me well. I can capture total workout time and Avg HR for workout. With these numbers you can easily compute calories burned for the workout. I know more sophisticated watches track calories burned for you but for me not worth the extra cost. I also have an Omron HR monitor that was $32.00 from Amazon.. It's ok for the person who just has safety in mind and doesn't care about tracking calories burned. It will not compute the Avg HR making it nearly impossible to accurately track calories burned for the workout. Both monitors allow you to enter your upper and lower ranges for your HR and will alert you accordingly.