Popchips - YAY or NAY?

Options
I found out that Popchips come in small serving bags with only 100 calories each (3 grams of fat and 160 mg of sodium and 15 grams carbohydrates).

At first I felt like it was fine to eat, because I was only looking at the calories (there are quite a few chips in that 100 calorie bag!) But then I thought, well it's still a potato chip and it's still processed. Are these acceptable to eat a couple times per week? Or is this a cheat meal only type of thing? Thoughts?

Thanks everyone I appreciate your help (: Feel free to add me as a friend btw! :relaxed:

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Of course they're acceptable. So are chips. Just got to fit them in your calorie goal. There are no bad foods.
  • zchastain
    zchastain Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'd say they're more along the lines of "meh". If I'm having chips I'd rather budget my calories and have the real thing.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Nay for different reasons: 1. they're not the real thing 2. why would I pay more just to save a few calories on something that's neither nutrient dense nor are as good as the real thing?
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Yes. I think they are pretty tasty. I'm in for all the chips though.
  • callmeampersand
    callmeampersand Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I heart them, especially because they make them in Gluten Free which I need. They are delish.
  • Myrmilt
    Myrmilt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    They are ok when I have that insane urge for BBQ chips. I don't eat chips all that often, but they taste ok for chips as I am way too lazy to make my own.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    If they cost as much where you live as they do where I live, then they are totally unacceptable.
  • biorobotics
    Options
    i prefer plentils.