I'm new!

Options
Terri_74
Terri_74 Posts: 90 Member
Hi all! I'm new to this site and have a terrible history at attempting to lose weight and get myself healthy! Any suggestions or support would be gratefully recieved!!! I am full of motivation at the moment and want to make sure I keep it!! Thanks Terri

Replies

• ttmuzzy13
    ttmuzzy13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way..but just take one step at a time, make 1-3 small goals a week. i start/end my diet like 7x a week. (lol) But i'm not ready to give up so I'm just going to keep trying until either i totally lose or I win and eventually meet my goal weight. This site is definitely help motivate me ever since i added a bunch of people. :) watching them post their workouts and meal plans help push me to get moving.

Best wishes and YOU CAN DO IT!! just believe in yourself. :)
  • Terri_74
    Options
    Thanks! I've tried every diet under the sun and there always seems something in the distance that I make an excuse to start the diet afterwards..(such as going out with the girls in a couple of weeks so I will start after that) and then obviously the post keeps moving and I stay the same!
    I hope your motivation stays too and am happy try and help in anyway I can ! Good luck and lets reach our goals this time! :-)
  • Martinne68
    Martinne68 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi

Welcome, I am disabled and find it very hard to lose weight due to all my meds and not being able to exercise, Since I have been a member of MFP I have started to lose weight and am really enjoying it, and I thought I would never say that. I look forward to hearing about your progress, all the support on here is invaluable and it really helps.

I have sent you a friend request

Take Care

Martinne x
  • Clairebryant36
    Options
    welcome!
    It's hard to lose weight, and I have a new quote "No excuses" so don't put off this exciting journey, you are going to hit hurdles on the way but you will find ways to overcome them. I have lost 25 kgs (nearly 60 pounds) since July last year and for me it was a turning point when I decided I had enough...I was struggling to keep up with my family and work was hard being on my feet most of the day.
    You can do it you just have to b elieve in yourself,and people will comment on what an amazing person you are for reaching your goal and they will want advice too! Keep that in mind, the compliments are waht keeps me going, it builds self esteem.
    Good Luck
  • Terri_74
    Options
    Thanks for all of your supportive words..I'm going to need them!! I wish you all well too and hope we can all achieve our goals together!! Teresa X