4 month progress :)

Options
spicypepper
spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
I can finally post on here! :smile:

I was doing so good, then hit a series of mishaps and ended up gaining back 20 lbs off of a 50 lb loss after the birth of my 5th child in May 2012.

I have been struggling for almost 2 years now with that gain and subsequent plateau, and I have FINALLY overcome it! I'm FINALLY down 10 lbs since starting back at the gym in June '14. I'm 12 lbs away from where I was 6 months post delivery, and I've got another 40 lbs that I'd like to lose on top of those 50.

It's been a long, difficult and trying time and whereas I'm not at my goal yet I am so proud to be where I am after fighting this battle for so long now.

461sl94llfti.jpg
sw4xckidl3a8.jpg

My hope was to be at goal by my 40th, but that was the end of September and I didn't hit it; so new goal is by Spring Break this next March.

All I'm doing is 30 minutes of cardio (Arc trainer at the gym) and 30 minutes of weight training and occasionally if I know I'm going to be eating good and/or just didn't feel the burn I throw in 30 minutes of Zumba. I increased my intake and that seemed to have helped tip the scale the other way, I guess I was not fueling my body enough (I have typically insane calorie burns - 600-1000 most days).

Replies

• jmbeyer
    jmbeyer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great Work!
  • Rebekkah5215
    Options
    You have a great sense of dedication and I can definitely see the changes in your pics! :)
  • spicypepper
    Options
    Thank you!
  • dwozniak16
    dwozniak16 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I can finally post on here! :smile:

I was doing so good, then hit a series of mishaps and ended up gaining back 20 lbs off of a 50 lb loss after the birth of my 5th child in May 2012.

I have been struggling for almost 2 years now with that gain and subsequent plateau, and I have FINALLY overcome it! I'm FINALLY down 10 lbs since starting back at the gym in June '14. I'm 12 lbs away from where I was 6 months post delivery, and I've got another 40 lbs that I'd like to lose on top of those 50.

It's been a long, difficult and trying time and whereas I'm not at my goal yet I am so proud to be where I am after fighting this battle for so long now.

461sl94llfti.jpg
    sw4xckidl3a8.jpg

My hope was to be at goal by my 40th, but that was the end of September and I didn't hit it; so new goal is by Spring Break this next March.

All I'm doing is 30 minutes of cardio (Arc trainer at the gym) and 30 minutes of weight training and occasionally if I know I'm going to be eating good and/or just didn't feel the burn I throw in 30 minutes of Zumba. I increased my intake and that seemed to have helped tip the scale the other way, I guess I was not fueling my body enough (I have typically insane calorie burns - 600-1000 most days).

Wow! You can really tell a difference in the pictures!
    You're doing an amazing job keep it up!!
    My 4 months is on the 20th, hoping to be around 55 lost by then!
    Great work, you should be very proud!!

I noticed when I started all I did was cardio and the pounds were melting off,
    but after like 2 months I incorporated half an hour of weights like you and I didn't lose anything for like a month. If you give yourself a few days break in between the weights you'll see the scale tip even more... well at least it did for me finally. I went from 5 days straight of cardio & weights for an hour to cardio 4 days, and weights 2-3 and my progress seems to be moving better than before!
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Great work! To stay dedicated after gaining is harder than it seems! Stay focused with the little things every day and you will make it through the Holidays perfectly fit!!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's a huge change in just 4 months. Keep tweaking your goals as you have fewer and fewer pounds to lose. You can do it!
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    wow that is a massive difference for 10 lbs! looks like your exercise is really paying off. Slimming down is more important than scale numbers anyway!
  • spicypepper
    Options
    Thanks y'all! I was getting so frustrated when the scale wasn't moving and I kept hovering at the same numbers for weeks. I know that they say muscle weighs more than fat and I've kept that in the back of my mind, but it didn't fully register until today when I took updated pictures and was just shocked. I'd been taking them except for the past 4-6 weeks due to being super busy. When I was doing them weekly you could see some changes, but not significant.

I am very proud of what I've been able to accomplish in 4 months time physically, even if it's only amounted to a 10 lb loss.
  • Edie30
    Edie30 Posts: 216
    Options
    AWESOME!!! Keep up that lifting :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!