Sore and tired all of the time

Options
I started a training program a week ago, and I've been feeling very sore and tired all of the time. I purchased a training program, and it's pretty intense considering I never did any exercise prior to this. Is it normal for me to feel sore and tired all of the time? Or is this a sign that I need a break already? Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• 1BrowneyedGirl
    1BrowneyedGirl Posts: 16 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I did some intense kickboxing training and was sore and tired the whole time, but I did 2 weeks on and then took a 2 or was it 3 day break and started again on another two weeks. I just had to make sure I didn't over do it and hurt myself, sometimes splitting the training into two parts during the day. I was super tired and wore out the whole two weeks but it was worth it to me because I was able to get into shape. I also took glutamate supplements every few days if I needed it to help with muscle repair because I wasn't use to working the muscles I was now using. It got easier and less sore toward the end of the second week both times but I still was sore.

Soreness in any workout is normal to me in my experience especially if its something your body isn't use to. Hope this helps some.
  • kpchefai
    kpchefai Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'd say its normal to feel sore if you are new to an exercise program.

You know your body best but at the same time don't be afraid to push yourself. Be smart about it and maybe take it down a notch to see what type of differences you feel. It's always going to be give and take at the beginning.

Also, make sure you are fueling your body correctly to account for the exercise you are doing. If your deficit is too big you will definitely feel tired and will be less likely to quit.