100 lbs to lose

Options
My name is Dusti and Ive got over 100 lbs to lose. I am currently on day 11 of my journey and could use any motivation, tips, friends, etc that anyone wants to throw my way! I don't really have any major support or anyone to motivate me. All my friends are pretty thin and the ones that aren't are content with their current size. I have been counting calories and going to the gym and not really noticing any major results. I can tell a difference in my breathing and stamina but weight wise, nothing. Any tips or suggestions to kick the weight loss up a notch? Thanks!

Replies

• nikiramirez
    Options
    Welcome! You're going to find lots of great ideas and inspiration on MFP!! I also run a healthy eating & fitness group on Facebook. We share ideas and motivation for staying on track with our fitness and health goals - which makes a big difference in terms of success! Interested/ Send me a friend request or private message on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/niki.ramirez.90) if you'd like me to add you :)
  • Luvofone
    Luvofone Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Luv & I have about 80lbs to lose...Let's motivate each other!
  • raboston
    raboston Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm Rebecca and I have a 100lbs to lose, I could use all the motivation I can get.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hi! It says you have lost 10 pounds...that is great!! What helped me was choosing friends that were committed to MFP, eating at a modest calorie deficit, having things in common with my friends and them having open diaries ( I think having an open diary helped keep me accountable, and I was able to get better advice)
    Make sure you are logging and weighing everything on a food scale, do not deprive yourself. Try to fit treats into your day so you don't make poor decisions. Drink lots of water. Get cardio and weight training in (make sure you do something you enjoy) Dont worry too much about how fast it is happening. It will happen. Good luck
  • KKJackson91
    KKJackson91 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm Breanna and I have 100 lbs to lose. Anyone that would like to add me is welcome:) Also, welcome to MFP! You're going to love being a part of this community.
  • gossett331
    gossett331 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have about 200+ to lose and so far for my third day in I have seen a wonderful out pouring of help and advice. Support is one I struggle with too everyone else in my family are healthy weight so nothing for them to do, add in two nephews under ten who haven't met a sweet they don't like and it gets worse. So I joined here to get help and to help others. Feel free to add me to your friends and we can help motivate each other. Tip for the day eat slower and don't get on the scale everyday.
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hey Dusti! Good luck on your journey. There are dozens of people in our Fitness group that have lost 50, 100, more. Feel free to add me.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    MFP has been key to continued weight loss for me. Ton's of support also available. Takes some perseverance...but well worth it. Things actually become easier the more time that goes by...I'm down to the last 15-30 lbs I need to lose. Good luck...

73641431.png
  • jenschroll
    jenschroll Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hey Dusti, I'm Jen. I've lost 103 pounds with 27 to go. My diary is always open - though I haven't been tracking so well this past week. Feel free to take a peek at my past foods and workouts if you like!
  • stopdropandlose
    stopdropandlose Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also have over a hundred pounds to lose. Eating at a deficit and getting some movement in each day has not only helped me lose, but also makes me feel better. Feel free to add me :)