Fitbit

Options
So I am planning on getting one of the new fitbits when they come out early next year for my birthday. The one with the HRM I think its called charge. Anyway, my question is to anyone who has one already how you feel about its accuracy. Do you feel it records your burns accurately

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    For me it's not too far off ( a tad underestimated). However I still manually log anything that isn't walking or running and use 80% of the calories reported by my HRM. My estimated average daily TDEE for the last 30 days (based on intake vs loss rate) is roughly 2600 calories. Fitbit estimates that my average daily TDEE for the last 30 days is 2452.

I currently have the Flex, but I am looking to possibly get the Surge when it comes out next year (more expensive than the Charge HR, but it's going to have GPS, be rated 5ATM water resistance and have all the features of the Charge HR).
  • meda903
    Options
    Consider the Microsoft Band. It has more sensors.
  • KimWillBeThin81
    Options
    I've considered the Microsoft band but it seemed really bulky and it looked hard but maybe that's just what the pic looked like and not accurate
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'm not convinced with the HRM aspect - I have a flex and I like to have a bit of room between it and my skin - I assume the HRM one needs to be tighter so it hits a pulse point - I think I would find that irritating as I wear mine 24/7 and the general step / activity tracking seems adequate

I use a Polar HRM for workouts

I will watch this with interest though