Advocare

Options
I recently started the Advocare 24-day challenge and I know others on here have tried it too. I am on day 7 and am starting to struggle. It is very hard for me to eat so much protein and to find time to exercise too. I am needing tips and tricks for success on this plan. It was quite costly so I don't want it to be for nothing. I would love to hear different foods and recipes you all have tried and what worked and didn't work for you! Please no negative feedback about trying the challenge. It is a jump start for me to hopefully lose this weight. Thanks in advance and feel free to add me.

Replies

• jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Just a heads up... Get ready for the onslaught lol. These types of diets don't go over well here on the forums.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    What happens on day 25?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I recently started the Advocare 24-day challenge and I know others on here have tried it too. I am on day 7 and am starting to struggle. It is very hard for me to eat so much protein and to find time to exercise too. I am needing tips and tricks for success on this plan. It was quite costly so I don't want it to be for nothing. I would love to hear different foods and recipes you all have tried and what worked and didn't work for you! Please no negative feedback about trying the challenge. It is a jump start for me to hopefully lose this weight. Thanks in advance and feel free to add me.

Honestly, if you find it a struggle to stick to that expensive program, have you considered stopping and just track calories? Honestly, a good food scale and tracking daily is a great way to start. If i was you, I would set my goal to 1 lb per week and if I exercised, I would eat another 200-300 calories for the day.

In the end, a deficit is what makes you lose weight.. not the specific types of foods. If you want to fill full, eating plenty of foods high in fats, proteins and fiber will help.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    It was quite costly
    Life lessons can be expensive.

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Cleansing is your wallet is very important to Advocare
    Fixed it for ya.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    When taking any type of supplement/pill/special juice/etc you still have to watch what you eat and count calories (which is what myfitnesspal does). Why would it be a problem for someone to use advocare as a supplement to better food choices? The MNS-C controls appetite - so it helps with hunger! The 24 day challenge also includes a variety of other vitamins and some shakes/energy drinks you can drink as well. Not everybody has an appetite where they want to eat/have time to eat a full breakfast (which is why shakes come in handy). A LOT of people, if not all, need MORE ENERGY (which is where the SPARK drink comes in - and it also acts as a replacement for coffee and other energy drinks that make you shaky). I have replaced my multivitamin with the MNS-C and feel great. I plan on taking the actual 24 day challenge, to KICK START my weight loss, not do it for the rest of my life. Cleansing is very important to your body and should be done on a regular basis. The 24 day challenge cleanses, then adds vitamins and encourages healthy eating habits. Nothing works for everybody and just because one person doesn't have good results, doesn't mean you won't! Remember, track your inches as well as your pounds. You may lose fat but gain muscle, so the scale may not move but inches will! Good luck on your journey! I would love to know what your results are at the end of the challenge! *Jen*

What a load of crap
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    When taking any type of supplement/pill/special juice/etc you still have to watch what you eat and count calories (which is what myfitnesspal does). Why would it be a problem for someone to use advocare as a supplement to better food choices? The MNS-C controls appetite - so it helps with hunger! The 24 day challenge also includes a variety of other vitamins and some shakes/energy drinks you can drink as well. Not everybody has an appetite where they want to eat/have time to eat a full breakfast (which is why shakes come in handy). A LOT of people, if not all, need MORE ENERGY (which is where the SPARK drink comes in - and it also acts as a replacement for coffee and other energy drinks that make you shaky). I have replaced my multivitamin with the MNS-C and feel great. I plan on taking the actual 24 day challenge, to KICK START my weight loss, not do it for the rest of my life. Cleansing is very important to your body and should be done on a regular basis. The 24 day challenge cleanses, then adds vitamins and encourages healthy eating habits. Nothing works for everybody and just because one person doesn't have good results, doesn't mean you won't! Remember, track your inches as well as your pounds. You may lose fat but gain muscle, so the scale may not move but inches will! Good luck on your journey! I would love to know what your results are at the end of the challenge! *Jen*

Yes... cleansing IS very important to your body... hence why we have kidneys and a liver to do so for us.

And to the OP, I would listen to Psulemon... You don't have to spend tons of money on gimmicks to lose weight. You just need to eat less than what your body burns.... of course there is some fine tuning within that... but essentially that's it. Eat good nutritionally dense food within your calorie goals and you will do much better and feel more satisfied than by using some overpriced program.
  • soultrouble
    soultrouble Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Brace yourself for the comments...
    You're going to be told you're wasting your money...
    You're going to be told there is a cheaper way to do things...
    While this may or may not be true...
    If it works for you, it works for you and I wish you the best of luck in your weight loss.
    It's not my place to judge...
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who swears by Advocare. She does the challenges, loses a crapload of weight in a short time. Then after she goes off the challenge she promptly gains the weight back. Then she does her next round, loses a bunch of weight, announces how great it is, becomes a seller...gains weight back. Rinse, repeat. See a pattern?