Lack of energy

Options
I need help trying to get active. I usually try to just go and do it, but there are times I am at the gym and I just don't have energy (or motivation maybe) to continue. I find it hard to pull out the DVDs at home to work out to. I feel tired all the time. I am busy with 5 kids and 2-3 jobs (you would think that, that alone would be okay) and I can't see the scale move. I eat healthy and I have stopped (except for rare occassions) drinking carbonated beverages such as pop/soda and drink mainly water and tea. I can't drop any weight. I lose a pound here and then gain it back. It's hard to stay motivated when you don't see the change. Please help me. I am always accepting new friends to help keep me going. Thank you

Replies

• Missycvt
    Missycvt Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    If the scale isn't moving then you might be maintaining like me. We can maybe try to drop our deficit a bit more like 500 calories less than what we normally eat. Exercise for me too is just hard lately. No motivation. But I'm thinking about the holidays and want to join a group maybe to help. There are some groups to join maybe you can look into. Also I've been researching the juicing trend. I am going to buy a juicer this weekend and lots of fruits and veggies and give it a go. If you want to add, feel free. A friend always is better to get healthier with than alone. :)
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    "It's hard to stay motivated when you don't see the change."

You arent entitled to change, especially when, as you say, you cant be bothered to go the gym... it seems like your opinion of 'trying hard' isnt what someone elses will be. Besides 'trying hard' doesnt equal weight loss. Calorie deficit = weight loss.
  • barbz2119
    barbz2119 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I know just how you feel, I too find it hard. Im close to 60, work full time, have a grandson living with us on the ASD spectrum who is tireless, am a volunteer policewoman, as well as doing other voluntary things, my days are full and there are many times I just want to lay on the couch, eat junk and do nothing. Some days I do it and you know I feel ten times worse, especially when I get on the scales and nothing has happened or worse lbs have gone on. I found on the days I put my grandson in his running stroller and took off for a couple hours walking, jogging or a bit of both I came back feeling so good, so invigorated and full of energy!
    Try pushing a little bit, if you cant make the gym, just try getting out into the fresh air promise yourself just 15 minutes and you may find you can go a little bit further and monitor how good you feel afterwards and remember that for next time. Good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    it doesnt really matter if you're eating 'healthy' or not... are you in a calorie deficit?