Is investing in a Fitbit Charge worth it?

I'm highly thinking about trying to invest soon in a tracker. I hate how the calories burned on MFP are always wrong and plus I want a more accurate number. Plus I need something to track my steps and I love the feature that it also tracks your sleep.

I'm just worried if it's worth getting the Charge now or waiting for the Charge HR to come out early 2015? The only difference between the two is the Charge HR has a continuous heart rate monitor.

Replies

• DahliaAnne
    DahliaAnne Posts: 11 Member
    I had the Force and it fell off my wrist. I waited patiently for the Fitbit Charge. It's essentially exactly the same as the Force and I have to say, the Force changed my life. It might be worth it to wait for the Charge HR if you're not dying for one, as I was. The HR monitor is a pretty big plus--especially one that you can wear on your wrist. I was so excited about having a new Fitbit that I decided not to wait and try selling my Charge when the Charge HR comes out if I can't live without it.

The Fitbit changed my life in that it made me very conscious of moving more. Connecting it to MFP is a dream. I feel in control of my eating when I'm active--it calculates how many more calories I can consume and still lose weight. I highly recommend it.
  • Borgg
    Borgg Posts: 7
    I purchased a Fitbit Charge a few days ago when my Misfit Shine died. I love the Fitbit Dashboard a lot. It provides much more information than the Misfit. I do have concerns about the band coming off, so I put an appropriately sized o-ring over the clasp to make sure it doesn't come off. Get one now at Best Buy and test it for a month or two, you have until January to return it due to the Christmas shopping season.
  • Thank you guys for the reviews/feedback! I'm going to invest in one just have to figure out if I should just get the Charge or wait for the Charge HR!
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    DahliaAnne wrote: »
    The Fitbit changed my life in that it made me very conscious of moving more. Connecting it to MFP is a dream. I feel in control of my eating when I'm active--it calculates how many more calories I can consume and still lose weight. I highly recommend it.

I totally agree! MFP and FB are best combo ever!! :) (I have the Flex.)
  • ems212
    ems212 Posts: 135 Member
    I'm holding off and waiting for the Charge HR. I debated back and forth with myself about it, and I think the HR monitor is definitely a big bonus.