100 lbs to lose

Options
My name is Dusti and Ive got over 100 lbs to lose. I am currently on day 11 of my journey and could use any motivation, tips, friends, etc that anyone wants to throw my way! I don't really have any major support or anyone to motivate me. All my friends are pretty thin and the ones that aren't are content with their current size. I have been counting calories and going to the gym and not really noticing any major results. I can tell a difference in my breathing and stamina but weight wise, nothing. Any tips or suggestions to kick the weight loss up a notch? Thanks

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    HI Dusti! You can add me for support. I've lost 110 lbs over the last 2 years and and working on the last little bit.
  • JulieFinn
    JulieFinn Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm a lot older than you, but that doesn't really matter. You can add me as a friend if you want. I have a daughter who is 28!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    First of all… You're on the right path. Good job! But don't get discouraged… it's only been 11 days. It's way too soon to be looking for "major results."

And I'm in the same boat… nobody in my life is joining me in this either. They are supportive, but NOT participatory in any way. They don't workout with me. They don't eat the same way I do… and they sure as heck won't be saying anything if I decided to bag it all one day. But it's not necessary. You can be your own motivation. It's gotta come from you if it's gonna last anyway!

I've lost 98 pounds and have about 102 to go. I'm on here regularly. Feel free to add me if I can be of help.
  • APstiles
    APstiles Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey, same thing here. I've lost 60lbs and I still have about 50 to go. It gets hard, for sure, but I'm totally up for motivating one another! I can suggest drinking a lot of water. I have it where my phone reminds me to drink because I tend to forget while I'm teaching. I also have a deal with the students that if they fill up their bottles they need to take one of mine with them. Downside, you pee a lot! Upside, it curbs your hunger and keeps you well hydrated!
  • JaneECS
    JaneECS Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend if you like - I already have two friends on here who I email once a week with at least one success and one thing I've found hard and we look after each other. Happy to do the same for you.
  • Roger_Vaughn
    Roger_Vaughn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    CHIN UP!!!!

You can do this!!!! Just focus on the habit of Tracking food and exercise. Then focus on adjusting the numbers. Start adding better calories. Please add me as a friend and will be happy to help.

Then check out this post: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10020211/read-this-when-you-feel-low-or-think-about-quitting#latest
  • Badunkadunk_Buster
    Badunkadunk_Buster Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like. I've got about 100 lbs to lose as well, just finishing up on day 29 today.