New, I am Sarah..

Options
Hello all, my name is Sarah and I am 23 yrs old, 24 in a few months. I am not very large, but I am heavier than where I want to be. I have been fairly heavy set since I reached puberty. I believe that I have an addiction to food that I need to get over, and I am hoping that being accountable to others as well as myself with help me with that. My weight has reached an all time high for me this past year. I have always been around 150/160, but then I had braces put on and I went down to 135. I loved it, I had so much more energy, I loved how clothes looked on me, but unfortunitly I was unable to maintain my weight loss because I had no idea how I had done it in the first place. I started putting weight back on and before I knew it I was 190lbs. I have been at this for quit some time, so I am hoping that it will come off, as long as I put the effort into it. Please...feel free to add me as a friend on here, the more help and support, the better. Thank you!

Replies

• slvrcavchick03
    Options
    Hello all, my name is Sarah and I am 23 yrs old, 24 in a few months. I am not very large, but I am heavier than where I want to be. I have been fairly heavy set since I reached puberty. I believe that I have an addiction to food that I need to get over, and I am hoping that being accountable to others as well as myself with help me with that. My weight has reached an all time high for me this past year. I have always been around 150/160, but then I had braces put on and I went down to 135. I loved it, I had so much more energy, I loved how clothes looked on me, but unfortunitly I was unable to maintain my weight loss because I had no idea how I had done it in the first place. I started putting weight back on and before I knew it I was 190lbs. I have been at this for quit some time, so I am hoping that it will come off, as long as I put the effort into it. Please...feel free to add me as a friend on here, the more help and support, the better. Thank you!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Hi there Sarah! Welcome to MFP!:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    This site has some great tools. Utilitze the food & exercise log & you'll be losing in no time! Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • slvrcavchick03
    Options
    Thank you!! Wow, it's nice to know that people actually use this site and it's not just a, do it once and forget about it kinda thing. Does anyone know how to get to the signature section so I can put my Ticker in it??
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Go to "my home", "settings", "change forum signature" and copy your ticker code in there. :smile:
  • slvrcavchick03
    Options
    Thank you!
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    :drinker: Welcome Sarah! It's great to have you! I started MFP the beginning of October and lost 10 lbs (looks like I need to update my ticker)! It's easier than I thought it was going to be...just stay within your calories, exercise, and make sure to eat the calories you earn from working out. That's what we all refer to as "exercise calories." Trust me, this is a wonderful site to get support and encouragement! :flowerforyou:

98575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • NB_Lady
    NB_Lady Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sarah:flowerforyou:
    I know you'll love this site and will get a ton of support. I really like the calorie counter...........makes me think before I pop something in my mouth now!
  • verifire
    Options
    Welcome, Sarah! This site may not make losing easy, but it certainly makes it easier, and the calorie counter is a big help because you start to know how much everything you eat "costs". Then you can make judgment calls about what's worth eating. Good luck!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Hello Sarah, and welcome! :flowerforyou: Good luck to you!
  • slvrcavchick03
    Options
    Thank you all for the welcomes. It's great to feel as though you have loads of support. It really has already made me excited to exersize and lose the weight.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Good luck sarah! We are all in this together.