Smoothies- Low calorie recipes

Options
Are there any way to make smoothies with lower calories. I love the Naked juice smoothies, but for one bottle it is 270 calories, which isn't too bad but I would love to make some at home especially in the winter time. Thank you.

Replies

• successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Berries only (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry) , with liquid egg whites for a shot of protein. Or use some greens like kale. I made a kale, ginger with a cube or two of pineapple. Kale is kinda grainy though if you don't have a $400 blender. I cook it first and freeze it into cubes.
  • Zephalia
    Zephalia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with the Naked juice smoothies or their size in relation to the 270 calories but I will share with you a couple ideas I use regularly in the mornings. I'm a berry fan and love sweet smoothies.

1 banana (105 cal for medium)
    .5 cup of frozen unsweetened strawberries (40 cal)
    .25 cup skim milk (23 cal)
    .25 cup ff vanilla yogurt (18 cal)
    Total of 186 delicious and energy packed calories

1 banana (105 cal)
    .25 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries (20 cal)
    .25 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries (20 cal)
    .75 cup silk almond milk, unsweetened (26 cal)
    Total of 171 calories

If you want to make it more of a hearty breakfast item, I add one of the following:
    .25 cup rolled oats
    1 tbsp. flax seed meal
    1 tbsp. chia seeds

There are many options you can add if you want to up the calorie intake but if you're looking for a low calorie smoothie, those are a couple good ones that I enjoy. These smoothies will fill an approx. 20 oz. travel mug in the morning and are sweet, delicious and filling. I say sweet - even though I use unsweetened ingredients - because the berries bring all the sugar you need.

Hope that helps you with a couple ideas. Play around!